HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Reloading (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading-15/)
-   -   Trouble with hand primer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading/392456-trouble-hand-primer.html)

Hook 06-20-2014 02:20 PM

Trouble with hand primer

I just started reloading about a month ago. My hand primer got stuck today. I couldn't get it going. The pin that pushes the primer home got stuck in the "all the way up" position. I worked with for an hour..finally called the manufacturer...gonna send it back? it is a hornady."......hoping someone maybe had through a similar experience, could offer some suggestion as to what I had done wrong. The plastic round primer holder was stuck...I could not get it in the down position to take the hand primer apart? The hand primer worked fine during the first two sessions.

Topgun 3006 06-20-2014 06:04 PM

So why are you putting the post up just to tell us that?

ronlaughlin 06-20-2014 07:25 PM

My guess is he posted because he was/is hoping someone could help him get his tool working. However, he obviously was hoping for too much; it seems he overestimated our good will.

Whenever the pin in my tool gets stuck, it is because of an alignment issue; i 'fix' the tool by wiggling things. Yup, i understand that is virtually no help, but what do i know? When things around here don't work, i try to make them work. When other folks things don't work, usually there isn't much i can do about it, so i normally don't make a suggestion, or a comment.

bucklessyooper 06-21-2014 02:01 AM

What brand of hand primer? Know on a hornady hand primer if you change plates the seating pin for the primer needs to be changed.

Topgun 3006 06-21-2014 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by bucklessyooper (Post 4145260)
What brand of hand primer? Know on a hornady hand primer if you change plates the seating pin for the primer needs to be changed.

That is what I was getting at. If he wanted help, it would seem like he would have at a minimum come on and stated what brand he had, etc.

Pawildman 06-21-2014 12:03 PM

The OP has already stated he was new at handloading. I think he was round-about looking for suggestions to help solve his problem. He hasn't had much luck here, now, has he? Maybe some of us could lighten up here a little, and try to make him feel a little more comfortable. Not everyone is as experienced as a lot of us, and we were in his shoes at one point in time too. He may need fed questions so his situation becomes more clear. Ya think???

Topgun 3006 06-21-2014 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pawildman (Post 4145310)
The OP has already stated he was new at handloading. I think he was round-about looking for suggestions to help solve his problem. He hasn't had much luck here, now, has he? Maybe some of us could lighten up here a little, and try to make him feel a little more comfortable. Not everyone is as experienced as a lot of us, and we were in his shoes at one point in time too. He may need fed questions so his situation becomes more clear. Ya think???

No need for any of us to lighten up as everything is cool! What we need is if the guy wants help for him to at least state what brand he has so that some light can be shed on the situation. He stated he had already talked to the manufacturer, but didn't state what that company was, and then stated he's sending it back. Thus my question! I don't think that is too much to ask, but maybe it is. So for the OP: WHAT BRAND IS YOUR HAND PRIMER?

alleyyooper 06-22-2014 03:54 AM

He has already gave ya'll the finger and moved on also expressed how a bunch of jerks here treated him; Sure is nice there are so many different gun forums with a hand loading section.
Remember the golden rule most of us were taught in grade school?

:D Al

Topgun 3006 06-22-2014 06:42 AM

Sure are a bunch of thin skins around here! The guy is not new to the site and if he wanted help why the He** didn't he say so is all i asked. Geez!!! :pcwhack:

Wayspr 06-22-2014 10:38 AM

Can someone please exlain to me how to ignore someone? We have at least one member that thinks it's his responsility to talk down to everyone.