Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Trouble with hand primer >

Trouble with hand primer

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Trouble with hand primer

Old 06-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Spike

Default Trouble with hand primer

I just started reloading about a month ago. My hand primer got stuck today. I couldn't get it going. The pin that pushes the primer home got stuck in the "all the way up" position. I worked with for an hour..finally called the manufacturer...gonna send it back? it is a hornady."......hoping someone maybe had through a similar experience, could offer some suggestion as to what I had done wrong. The plastic round primer holder was stuck...I could not get it in the down position to take the hand primer apart? The hand primer worked fine during the first two sessions.

Last edited by Hook; 06-22-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

So why are you putting the post up just to tell us that?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

My guess is he posted because he was/is hoping someone could help him get his tool working. However, he obviously was hoping for too much; it seems he overestimated our good will.

Whenever the pin in my tool gets stuck, it is because of an alignment issue; i 'fix' the tool by wiggling things. Yup, i understand that is virtually no help, but what do i know? When things around here don't work, i try to make them work. When other folks things don't work, usually there isn't much i can do about it, so i normally don't make a suggestion, or a comment.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:01 AM
Fork Horn

What brand of hand primer? Know on a hornady hand primer if you change plates the seating pin for the primer needs to be changed.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bucklessyooper
What brand of hand primer? Know on a hornady hand primer if you change plates the seating pin for the primer needs to be changed.
That is what I was getting at. If he wanted help, it would seem like he would have at a minimum come on and stated what brand he had, etc.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

The OP has already stated he was new at handloading. I think he was round-about looking for suggestions to help solve his problem. He hasn't had much luck here, now, has he? Maybe some of us could lighten up here a little, and try to make him feel a little more comfortable. Not everyone is as experienced as a lot of us, and we were in his shoes at one point in time too. He may need fed questions so his situation becomes more clear. Ya think???
Old 06-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Pawildman
The OP has already stated he was new at handloading. I think he was round-about looking for suggestions to help solve his problem. He hasn't had much luck here, now, has he? Maybe some of us could lighten up here a little, and try to make him feel a little more comfortable. Not everyone is as experienced as a lot of us, and we were in his shoes at one point in time too. He may need fed questions so his situation becomes more clear. Ya think???
No need for any of us to lighten up as everything is cool! What we need is if the guy wants help for him to at least state what brand he has so that some light can be shed on the situation. He stated he had already talked to the manufacturer, but didn't state what that company was, and then stated he's sending it back. Thus my question! I don't think that is too much to ask, but maybe it is. So for the OP: WHAT BRAND IS YOUR HAND PRIMER?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-21-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

He has already gave ya'll the finger and moved on also expressed how a bunch of jerks here treated him; Sure is nice there are so many different gun forums with a hand loading section.
Remember the golden rule most of us were taught in grade school?

Al
Old 06-22-2014, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sure are a bunch of thin skins around here! The guy is not new to the site and if he wanted help why the He** didn't he say so is all i asked. Geez!!!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

Can someone please exlain to me how to ignore someone? We have at least one member that thinks it's his responsility to talk down to everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.