Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Finally Reloading Efforts >

Finally Reloading Efforts

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Finally Reloading Efforts

Old 03-19-2014, 01:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Finally Reloading Efforts

Went to the range with my brother with our new reloads. He has a 25-06. His reloads went well I think his liked 54 or 54.5 grains of RL22 with 100 grain TTSX. At 100 yards he was producing .5-.8" groups at 100 yards on a block of wood a as we forgot our sandbags. I was using a 257 Weatherby and my reloads weren't that great at all. I tried 65.5 and 66.5 grains of H1000 with a 115 grain TSX. I guess I am going to try another powder, RL25 and we'll see what happens. None of our reloads experienced duds or pressure signs. As I was a grain below Max. I want to try to get these 115 TSX to work so I am going to go through the 50 count. If I can't get it, I guess it's not meant to be and I will try something else.

The 257 kicked pretty good as I didn't recall that recoil. The 25-06 was nice shooting gun. But that gun is all custom as mine is pretty much all factory besides a new B&C MEDALIST SPORTER STOCK.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try IMR 7828 in both of them.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

What made you decide on 65.5 and 66.5? I'd recommend you do a little more exploring with the H1000 or you're going to have quite a bit of variety to spread on your lawn as fertilizer for every powder that "doesn't work."

This is where time and patience expended in reloading CAN pay dividends. But you have to be willing to take on the challenge.

I suggest you find yourself a different ladder, I use increments of 0.5 gr. And yes, I load 10 rounds per charge. It works.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

I picked it just cause. I will try .5 increments and start at the minimum load. I don't mind spending time or effort on these bullets since this is what I want. Just thinking if I shoot 50 rounds it may not work.
Originally Posted by homers brother
What made you decide on 65.5 and 66.5? I'd recommend you do a little more exploring with the H1000 or you're going to have quite a bit of variety to spread on your lawn as fertilizer for every powder that "doesn't work."

This is where time and patience expended in reloading CAN pay dividends. But you have to be willing to take on the challenge.

I suggest you find yourself a different ladder, I use increments of 0.5 gr. And yes, I load 10 rounds per charge. It works.

Last edited by JGFLHunter; 03-20-2014 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll bet you can find a good h1000 combo.
What are all your specs on the load? How's it shoot with factory? Would you say you had some trouble holding steady using the ol' wood blocks?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Z
I'll bet you can find a good h1000 combo.
What are all your specs on the load? How's it shoot with factory? Would you say you had some trouble holding steady using the ol' wood blocks?
I made some new reloads starting from 63.5-65 grains with .5 increments with H1000. Using WLRM primers. Trimmed to 2.539 inches with 3.170 inches as overall length. Using 115 grain TSX. Using Weatherby brass. Yes the blocked sucked but I don't believe it effected my shooting. I shot my brothers gun the same way and turned out fine. I shot the 100 grain Weatherby factory Spitzers before reloading and they shot good enough( 1 inch group at 100). The reason I want 115 grain bullets is because it would be a good grain for just about every animal that I will hunt especially since I like going out west. If I can't get these to work then I will try the 100TTSX since now my brother is stocking up on those now. Sometimes you get lucky and it works right away. My gun is a 257 Weatherby Magnum with B&C medalist stock, ferral rings and base, Burris 6.5-20x50 fullfield II Ballistic plex mil dot, 24 inch barrel, 1-10 twist.

Last edited by JGFLHunter; 03-21-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

try some 110 gr accubonds, a lot of rifles don't like solid copper bullets.
RR
Old 03-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
try some 110 gr accubonds, a lot of rifles don't like solid copper bullets.
RR
This has been my experience too. I only use all copper bullets for special purposes. A lot of internet rifles love the copper pills but my real world rifles do not always agree.

All copper bullets require seating further off of the lands than most other bullets. If they are your chosen bullet try seating to different depths.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

If I cant get theses 115 TSX to shoot any better, I might try the accubonds as suggested. I did think about trimming and seating on the way home from the range. I may give that a try. I'm not sure how many more boxes I want to try, but these are want I want to use at least for now. The Picture was today at the range which was with the 66.5 grains, this was the best group I got @ 100 yards, but 63.5-65 were all just about the same or a little larger. This is just my hunting rifle, If I can get a little tighter I will be satisfied. .75'' is my goal. That is what the 100 grain Spitzers shoot for the most part as well straight from Weatherby Factory. I know its a 3 shot group and I really don't want a debate of the groupings lol. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. RR as for the accubonds I see that they make 115s? I haven't really searched or anything yet but are they discontinued or available?
Attached Thumbnails Finally Reloading Efforts-20140321_165044.jpg  

Last edited by JGFLHunter; 03-21-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

if they make them and that's your preferred weight, give them a whirl, they are an awesome bullet, when I was working with my 25 wssm, the 110's were brand new. you also will not go wrong with a 115 gr ballistic tip, have taken a lot of game with them and the results mirrored the accubonds.
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.