Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Powder supply

Old 01-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Powder supply

I was just talking to my local gun shop owner and he told me that powder is getting hard to get. Seems there is a shortage of the nitro used to make it!
Seems strange - first its guns, then primers and bullets, now powder.
I may be paranoid but in my feeble old mind it all points to an anti-gun administration.
My advice, get what you need now while it's still available.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been having a hard time getting powder since all this crap started. I was in Walmart super center and saw a pound of IMR 4350 and snatched it up, it was their only can. Im glad I have some extra powder stored up, would like to have a little more though. I for one will be glad when things return to normal, if it ever does.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

I stocked up about 4 years ago....for one, 8 pounders (all from the same lot) provide cost savings and cosistancy....I shouldn't need powder for a decade or so...same with primers. Unless of course I add a caliber that doesn't like 1 of the 6 powders I have handy....which has a 99% liklihood....hahaha
Old 01-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

settin on my usual reserve of about 50# here, when I find it at a decent price I add to it
RR
Old 01-14-2014, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

DAH, I guess I am dumb as I can't figure out how "it all points to an anti-gun administration".

Are they subsisting the powder, primer bullet MFG's like they do the oil companies?
If not how are they keeping them from making and selling to make money? I'd think the stock holders would be going nutso too.

Seem like the last big shortage for reloaders was primers. If I remember correctly Bush and his bunch was in office and MUST have been behind that shortage also.

Al
Old 01-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

Powder Valley just posted that they got a shipment of powder in this am. FYI
Old 01-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Spike

I've been able to buy IMR4831, Reloader 10x, and H335 for my applications. However, Ive been looking and have not found IMR4895 since this shortage mess has been going on. My old '06 loves IMR4895 and I'm down to about a quarter pound.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I recently got a sales flyer from Grice's Gun Shop in Clearfield, PA concerning a sale starting the end of next week. They had quite a selection of various powders that would be for sale, but warned supplies were limited.. first come, first served. Lots of bullets on sale also. Several different manufacturers of .22 ammo... One brick per customer/family per month. I actually feel it seems things may start to be loosening up a bit.. 9mm and .40 cal. ammo seems to be abundant, along with .223/5.56..
Old 01-15-2014, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

The sad part is that we definitely cannot trust our government these days.
Is the regime doing something underhanded to cause short supplies of ammo and loading components? I don't know.
Do I put it past them? NO
Would I believe them if they denied it? Hell NO.

They've been caught lying to us too many times.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I've been having a hard time getting powder since all this crap started. I was in Walmart super center and saw a pound of IMR 4350 and snatched it up, it was their only can. Im glad I have some extra powder stored up, would like to have a little more though. I for one will be glad when things return to normal, if it ever does.
My Wal Marts don't even sell guns anymore much less powder. I've got only 2 places within 90 miles of me that sells powder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.