Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Powder supply

Old 01-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can walk into Williams gun sight company Davison Michigan and buy all the IMR 4350, IMR 30-31, IMR 4064 and many other IMR powders as well as many other brands of smoke less, Triple 7, Several different prodex black powder subs.
I have no problems with any primers but have to limit what I buy with their limit of how much I can buy at a time so every one has a chance to get some.
I did find a shortage of #11 caps in CCI mag brand during Ml season this year.
Bullets are on hand of most popular brands and sizes. I have to ask them to get me some Sierra 6mm 85gr.HPBT as it isn't one stocked these days.

Al
Old 01-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wholesaler here in Ill said that they are slow on getting shipments of powder. I am wanting to get about 45-50lbs when they get it in and it will hold me for about 10yrs. I am told it may be about March when it all comes in like I need.

Last edited by SecondChance; 01-26-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
My wholesaler here in Ill said that they are slow on getting shipments of powder. I am wanting to get about 45-50lbs when they get it in and it will hold me for about 10yrs. I am told it ,ay be about March when it all comes in like I need.
.....And people wonder why components and the like are hard to get?? The above is a prime example of why!! Unbelieveable!!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pawildman
.....And people wonder why components and the like are hard to get?? The above is a prime example of why!! Unbelieveable!!
You obviously are getting wholesaler and retailer confused!!! And when they get powder in, they get it in TONS, by the pallet loads!!!!!!!! They are the largest wholesaler for 5 surrounding states!!!! My little purchase is nothing compared to what they get in. They spill and damage more than that. Thats how I have supplied my loading room since I got my FFL in the 70's. And I don't feel that what I buy is not that much considering how much I shoot and load for others. Thank you for your great concern of others and not knowing me!!!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

You obviously are getting wholesaler and retailer confused!!! And when they get powder in, they get it in TONS, by the pallet loads!!!!!!!! They are the largest wholesaler for 5 surrounding states!!!! My little purchase is nothing compared to what they get in. They spill and damage more than that. Thats how I have supplied my loading room since I got my FFL in the 70's. And I don't feel that what I buy is not that much considering how much I shoot and load for others. Thank you for your great concern of others and not knowing me!!!!!
I understand your reasoning.. Not that I agree with it, but I understand what you said..
Old 01-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is no shortage of nitroglycerine or any other ammo component.

The shortage of ammunition and reloading components is being driven by the gun show promoters, scalpers, online retailers, mom and pop guns shops and others who have a vested interest in keeping prices high. The far outers on the web are making up lies and distorting the truth in order to stir up uninformed gunowners.

Yep, 20 years ago i bought into the "Clinton is going to stop the sale of small arms primers for reloading". Swallowed it hook, line and sinker. Hoarded up tens of thousands of primers. Still have thousands of primers that i seldom use.

There is a major retailer of reloading components here in OK who can't ship his powder out fast enough. The Fedex truck is limited to 700 pounds of powder per pickup.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Fedex truck is limited to 700 pounds of powder per pickup.
I wonder if that driver needs special training to haul that? I should would not want to get into an accident with that truck!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
I wonder if that driver needs special training to haul that? I should would not want to get into an accident with that truck!
I wouldn't want to get into an accident with any truck.

Actually, smokeless powder does not explode, it burns, and it is far less volatile than gasoline or propane which is hauled in many trucks every day.

A commercial driver that wants to haul any hazardous materials must have a hazardous endorsement for his CDL, which is just another test that is not that hard to pass.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by buffybr
I wouldn't want to get into an accident with any truck.

Actually, smokeless powder does not explode, it burns, and it is far less volatile than gasoline or propane which is hauled in many trucks every day.

A commercial driver that wants to haul any hazardous materials must have a hazardous endorsement for his CDL, which is just another test that is not that hard to pass.
Agreed. And smokeless powder is nothing compared to the real black powder and not its substitues that many use today. True blackpowder does not have to be contained to be explosive as smokeless powder does, as such as in a cartridge. True blackpowder can be ignited by static electricity!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed. And smokeless powder is nothing compared to the real black powder and not its substitues that many use today. True blackpowder does not have to be contained to be explosive as smokeless powder does, as such as in a cartridge. True blackpowder can be ignited by static electricity!!!
Or a hammer
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.