Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
243 bullet for Deer and Coyote >

243 bullet for Deer and Coyote

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

243 bullet for Deer and Coyote

Old 01-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
95 gr nosler BT, 85 gr nosler partition, you'll have 2 holes in yotes but nothing a sewing won't take care of.
RR
+1 for these two bullets...I would also add the 100g Noslers (Partitions or BT's) as well like Flags mentioned. I have 4 different 243's an they all shoot the 100g bullets the best, but still shoot 95 and 85's really well to.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

The .243 is some what in the same category of those fast little tumbling bullets .17, .222, .223. They more or less explode on impact, or inside, or start to tumble, that makes a nasty hole. The deer in my avatar was hit by a .243 80g boat tail hollow point, just behind the L shoulder, never exited. The diaphragm remained in good shape, no fragments in the gut area. But it turned the heart and the front part of the lungs to jelly, I could not tell what was heart. Shoot a yote with the same kind of bullet, nice little hole in one shoulder, took the shoulder and front leg off on the other side.