Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
What chrony to buy? >

What chrony to buy?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

What chrony to buy?

Old 11-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What chrony to buy?

I have an older Ohler 33 and my partner has seen me using it and used it himself. Now he wants one. he told me about a ProChrono on Amazon in both digital and regular. I told him I know nothing about these 2 but would check into it. What ya'll know or have one of these items. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a ProChrono Digital, a Shooting Chrony Alpha Master, and a Pact Mark 4 (which is a shot timer that doubles as a chronograph with accessory sky screens).

I use the prochono the most. Not sure why, I suppose because it was my first, and it's very easy to use. The company I was working for at the time let me keep it after one I completed a project, developing specialized ammunition. Been using it for 10yrs now, everything from archery at 200fps to super-speed centerfires at 4000fps.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I have a ProChrono Digital, a Shooting Chrony Alpha Master, and a Pact Mark 4 (which is a shot timer that doubles as a chronograph with accessory sky screens).

I use the prochono the most. Not sure why, I suppose because it was my first, and it's very easy to use. The company I was working for at the time let me keep it after one I completed a project, developing specialized ammunition. Been using it for 10yrs now, everything from archery at 200fps to super-speed centerfires at 4000fps.
Any down falls or reconsiderations that you can speak of? if not, I will forward this info to my partner and let him deal with it. If we can get a good deal, I may buy one as well as a back up to my Ohler.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't tease him by letting him use that Oehler!

I picked up a Chrony Alpha years ago thinking one day I'd have enough for an Oehler. It was cheap, easy to use, parts were readily available (I've ... ah, made a couple mistakes with it), and I guess I never really thought of replacing it since. Like NM says, "not sure why." I haven't used it to check an arrow's velocity, but have used it for everything from 650 fps .177 pellets to 4200 fps .22-250s.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

"MAGNETOSPEED"
a little spendy but well worth it imop
Old 12-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BlackLab
"MAGNETOSPEED"
Is this the bayonet type unit that mounts on the barrel? If so I've read good reviews on them but have not used one.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by sixpointeightfan
Is this the bayonet type unit that mounts on the barrel? If so I've read good reviews on them but have not used one.
I've had the others and this is the one!!!!!

Old 02-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

This is the one I use.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/244...er-chronograph
Old 02-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the Pro ChronoDigital and it works just as good as my Oehler. Lighter as well!!! This will now be my loan-out chrono and the oehler is MINE, all mine, no one elses!!!!! LMAO!!!!! This way I won't cry as much and cause great physical harm to someone if they launch a too low round nor cost them as much to replace!!!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Spike

Default Best

Originally Posted by BlackLab
"MAGNETOSPEED"
I have the Chrony, the ProChrono, and then got the MagnetoSpeed.
MagnetoSpeed wins hands down. Fast and easy to set up. No worries
about shutting down the firing line to set up. No wind worries. No
light worries. None of the worries accompanied with a regular
chronograph. And speeds are right there with the other two
chronographs, so I have no worries about accuracy, either. It may
well be a little pricey, but with 90% of the hassle of recording
speeds reduced, well worth it. I now use the ProChrono only to
check bullet B.C.'s (and pray for no flyers!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.