Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
What chrony to buy? >

What chrony to buy?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

What chrony to buy?

Old 03-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can also use ES vs. SD to determine whether your sample size is large enough. If your SD is close to your ES, either you have a bracketed set of ammo, or you haven't taken enough shots to have a relevant data set.

Occasionally, I'll stake out the chrony at different ranges (i.e. 50, 100, 200yrds etc) to validate (or disprove) the software predictions across the trajectory. Kinda a way to determine if the BC estimate on the bullet is accurate, or if the atmospheric assumptions in the calculator are accurate. Similarly, a guy can cross reference the "drop below zero" at different ranges compared to the calc predictions to validate the info. And having more range time and more data on your loads is always a good thing, right?