Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Best place for buying reloading supplies? >

Best place for buying reloading supplies?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Best place for buying reloading supplies?

Old 11-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Spike

Default Best place for buying reloading supplies?

I just got the entire setup from my grandfather. Progressive, turret, single, powder repeater, dies, powder, balls, primers, and even some brass and shotgun shells as well as all the scales and books (some are out of date). Just lots of stuff! Even can make 357 wad cutters and 54 cal round balls from lead.

I'm looking to keep the stock up knowing how hard ammo is to find. Where do you find it in bulk? Where do you shop?

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Typical Buck

It,for me,lately,is like trolling for fish. Things come up for sale and i get what i may need. I've ordered on line and paid the hazard shipping fee,just to get items! Just keep an eye out.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:13 AM
Spike

I'm hearing from people locally in PA that no one sells this stuff in bulk anymore. Is that true?

Also that federal Govt is working on a bill that would require a reloading license and to be registered as a reloader to buy supplies?
Old 11-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Where are you located in PA. I buy most of my supplies there but the place doesn't ship you have to pick it up.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also that federal Govt is working on a bill that would require a reloading license and to be registered as a reloader to buy supplies?
Do you have a source for that? Here in Arizona I have not heard that.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Spike

I'm near altoona, PA but I can travel and do quite often.

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
Do you have a source for that? Here in Arizona I have not heard that.
I heard it from a number of the gun shops I go to locally here.
When I do a web search I get this article but it's CA.
http://www.offthegridnews.com/2013/0...mo-permit-fee/
Also found this one but it looks a little hokey.
http://www.wnd.com/2009/04/95733/
Old 11-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Check out CAC associates in Ebensburg. Their number is 472-4430. I think they only take cash. I get most of my supplies from them when I am back their on vacation.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

The way things have been, you have to check everywhere whenever you can. You will find powder here, primers there, bullets at another stop ect....Buy what you can when you see it. I looked for many months before finding one particular powder I needed. HD.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

The way things have been, you have to check everywhere whenever you can. You will find powder here, primers there, bullets at another stop ect....Buy what you can when you see it. I looked for many months before finding one particular powder I needed.
+1

I keep a list of my supplies on my phone. Whenever I am near one of my reloading shops I will stop in and have a look using the phone for reference. Availability seems to be getting better thankfully.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I buy the majority of my reloading supplies from Midway USA and Natchez with the exception of powder and primers which i purchase from the local gun shop to avoid the hazmat fees.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.