Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

.300 rum

Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Spike

Fed 215m primer, 97 gr. Retumbo over 180ttsx. Start with 94 gr and work up to see if it works for you. I will be trying the 200 LRX when I get the chance to work them up.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

my dies should be in tomorrow, thank yall for advise im still hunting fed 215m ,and retumbo . but did manage to find some large rifle primers and barnes 150 tsx for all my 7mm's !!! should start on my .280 loads soon
Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck finding those components honestly. I thought I saw cabelas had some retumbo online for sale, be prepared to pay for hazmat shipping though. Primers are also hard to find still. Federal 215 is the one to use IMO. I finally caved in to the notion that finding retumbo anytime soon is not going to happen, and grabbed some Re25. I've also heard Re33(fairly new) shows promise for the 300rum. I know a lot of guys shoot 180gr bullets out of the 300, but honesty you're wasting horsepower. Use the 200gr and bigger bullets and use that power you have in the boiler room. That is where she really shines especially with retumbo, Re25 and Re33.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Spike

Luckily , I found 2 pounds of Retumbo and then Wideners sent me a message that they had a 8 pound jug available. Got lucky!! Set for a while!!!