Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

reloading book

Old 05-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Spike

Default reloading book

Hello, I was wondering what the best reloading book would be to buy? I am just buying all my tools to start reloading.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Typical Buck

Lyman puts out a good Reloading Handbook.It covers most all powders and bullets for all the common calipers.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Typical Buck

Get a couple different manuals and read them. Lyman offers a good basic how to in their manual. Parts of the process you don't quite understand, come here or go to other sites, many folks willing to help and give excellent advice. Most powder and bullet manufacturers offer data on their sites, those that don't, shoot em an email and they will send it to you.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:25 AM
Spike

Thanks for the help. Can't wait to start
Old 05-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Like everyone else has stated...get a reputable manual from a bullet or powder manufacture...I have a shelf full of books old and new. I like Nosler, Hornady and Speer books personally...but also have several older books from Lyman and others. As RR said, read the front sections of the books first...I also like the Hodgon website as well. 2 primary rules of reloading IMO...Patience and Process...
Old 05-11-2013, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I like my old #47 Lyman manual best for the older calibers like the 308 and 243.
I rely on my seirra manuals for the newer stuff like thwe 260 and 7mm08. I do own other manuals how ever, Hornaday and nosler and speer. One from Alliant, and some small ones from other places

Al
Old 05-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get a couple different manuals and read them. Lyman offers a good basic how to in their manual. Parts of the process you don't quite understand, come here or go to other sites, many folks willing to help and give excellent advice.
+1 on multiple manuals. It would not hurt for you to write up your own notes; I found this especially helpful when it came to things like die adjustments. I also include in my notes how to use/adjust all the equipment I have. This saves me time so I do not have to hunt around for the manual.

Good luck. Reloading is a lot of fun.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Spike

I bought the Lyman 49th edition manual it lists the pressures for each load and everything.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
+1 on multiple manuals. It would not hurt for you to write up your own notes; I found this especially helpful when it came to things like die adjustments. I also include in my notes how to use/adjust all the equipment I have. This saves me time so I do not have to hunt around for the manual.

Good luck. Reloading is a lot of fun.

+2.. Absolutely........
Old 05-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

You'll accumulate multiple manuals over time, but the Lyman manual makes a great starting point. Just double check all data before actually loading any cartridges. Find and bookmark the various powder manufacturers websites. I created my own 3 ring binder and I download all the data from these sites for all the calibers that I load for. Some bullet manufacturers will supply data if you e-mail them. Sierra has been great at supplying downloads of pages from their loading manual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.