Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Remington reloading components >

Remington reloading components

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Remington reloading components

Old 02-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Remington reloading components

Once again I posted on the Remington Arms Facebook page why I wasn't able to buy any Remington reloading components for my .223. (bullets, cases). Asking them if they are selling it all to the Dept of Homeland Security for their stockpiling scheme.
All I asked them for was a straight answer. And guess what? They deleted my post again.
So for all you Reminton fans out there - it looks like they don't care about us private citizens, just the almighty dollar.
Keep this in mind next time you decide to purchase a firearm or reloading supplies.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Seems as I read this same post on another Forum today!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

it deserves to be in both places.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Something just gives me a feeling that Remington has better things to do right now than answer the "where are the AR-15s and 223 ammo" questions on Facebook.

Kinda funny..I bet more people will start keeping more than a box or two around the house now.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default It's called a shortage

When demand for a product, greatly exceeds the supply of the product, shortages occur. Happened before; will happen again with some products.
Got a good supply of arrows for some spring practice. And won't even mention the products I use for fishing.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:21 AM
Typical Buck

Bronko I too share your concern why large companies cater to the dollar more to the customer. We are just a number to them. A so called percentage. I'm wondering if they'll run backwards on us when all these laws come in place?
Old 02-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Bronko - I share your frustration in finding components but I have read that the major ammo makers (Remington, Federal, Winchester, etc.) are devoting their energy and resources to producing loaded ammo, not reloading components. The demand for ammo is so great now (from civilians and government) I don't really blame them. I am sure the number of customers that buy components is dwarfed by the number of people who buy factory loaded ammo. I think the bigger problem is people hoarding components and looking to resell them at twice their value. I don't fault anyone trying to make a buck but some of the gouging I am seeing out there seems pretty excessive.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default It's a good thing

that I checked on my supply of fishing hooks, over a month ago.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Blackelk
Bronko I too share your concern why large companies cater to the dollar more to the customer.
The company that owns Remington is in business to make money, not to make sure every person gets their personal allotment of brass, ammo, etc. That's business and that's the answer to Bronko's question.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain!, as do many others im sure. As a handloader it's very frustrating not to be able to buy reloading components for my AR as well as my bolt rifles and handguns. Im not completely out of ammo and im not trying to hoard ammo i just want to be able to shoot and enjoy my firearms. Im hoping that all the panic buying thats taken place recently will taper off and things will level back out and supplies will become available again. Only time will tell so we'll just have to be patient and see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.