Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

should i reload

Old 01-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Spike

Default should i reload

is reloading your own ammo really worth it after buying a kit and everything? i was also wondeirng if it would save me money if i reload my 9mm bullets or if it is cheaper just to buy the bullets from the store. post your opinion and if you dont mind post a kit or starter kit that yall like because i might start
Old 01-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Spike

honestly 90% of the ppl dont really save money they just shoot more....
Old 01-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on how much time you have to devote to it and how much you shoot and have time to do that too. I can reload for about 1/3 the cost of what factory ammo costs.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

I certainly don't save money in the sense of spending less...but, I do get a much higher quality product for less money than you can buy cheap a$$ ammo like Rem's Core-Lokt ammo...but round for round (once you cover the cost of investing in equipment) I can reload cheaper than buying, especially for my magnum rounds like my 7mm Mag or my 270 WSM which cost over $45/box on average to buy factory ammo.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by junkmonkey17
is reloading your own ammo really worth it after buying a kit and everything? i was also wondeirng if it would save me money if i reload my 9mm bullets or if it is cheaper just to buy the bullets from the store. post your opinion and if you dont mind post a kit or starter kit that yall like because i might start
Cost is not the only factor. I handload, you don't. I have components to load and shoot dozens of guns, if you don't have ammo right now for yours...good luck finding it.
So bottomline, not only can I shoot what and when I want, I can do it cheaper than you.
Most of my handloading equipment is old so it was paid for a very long time ago. But I sill think its cost effective if you shoot much. I figure you could start for less than $300....including components for at least one chambering.

Last edited by skb2706; 01-08-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't start reloading to save money.
I did it as a hobby and now shoot more and load for less.

You can not get into reloading right now and save much money.
Supplies are limited and costs are up due to everything going on.