Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Reloading .223 ~ Component shortage! >

Reloading .223 ~ Component shortage!

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Reloading .223 ~ Component shortage!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:03 AM
Banned

Default Reloading .223 ~ Component shortage!

For those of you who have been through this before . . . how long before you can buy bullets/brass/ etc for .223?!

I'm wanting to try some 63-69 gr's in my Mini 14 and there are none on the planet!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think its going to be like "last time". I would just keep looking and you will know when others start mentioning their availibility.

To some degree this was predictable given our latest election results.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

Same problem with 9mm . . . primers and powder are getting scarce - bullets are non-existent.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dustyr
Same problem with 9mm . . . primers and powder are getting scarce - bullets are non-existent.
I have had no problem finding 9mm components...in fact, pistol primers is about all I have been able to find...I found 800 Win Large Rifle Magnum primers today at Cabelas and was shocked...of course I bought them because I could. They had plenty of 9mm bullets, brass and even had a fair amount of powder (in 1 pounders...all sold out of 8 pounders though).
Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Fork Horn

When Obama was elected the first time everyone rushed to buy guns and ammo because they thought he might try. It took about 6 months for things to settle down. This time is different as they have anounced that they are going to ban these weapons. Now everyone who has ever even dreamed about owning a gun is trying to buy and then you have those who own guns that are trying to stock up becasue they are afraid it's going to happen. I don't see this one calming down as quickly as the first one. Maybe after they pass or don't pass new gun legislation it might slow down. I think it will be quite some time though before it will stabilize.

Anyone who voted for Obama should by default give the rest of us their guns, ammo, and reloading supplies as they have demonstrated they aren't smart enough to own them.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

I have a retail license and buy from a lot of distributors trust me when I say the shelves are pretty empty. Maybe a few months things might slow down maybe.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My compliments sir

For mentioning the unmentionable on a reloading site.

out of stock, no backorder ....temporarily unavailable.

I'm getting ready for early spring fishing season....a little archery practice....and some shooting with a flintlock rifle that doesn't use primers.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

I am not having that much trouble finding 223 components. Try this place http://www.armsandammo.com/ they just sent me 600 casings. I also been going to small shops that doesn't have websites. Right now I am waiting for 500 50 gr blitzking bullets. Once I get them I can load up enough to last me a few months.