Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Accubond vs Partition >

Accubond vs Partition

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Accubond vs Partition

Old 09-10-2003, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Accubond vs Partition

OK, Thanks, I ordered the Accubonds today and will be shooting both types next weekend.

Now, I don' t have access to Ballistic Gel to test these thing (not that a ballistic gel will stop a .338 anyway,) Is there any way to test the end result of the bullet, short of the animal itself. A 55 gallon drum of H20 at 100 yards seems, well like something I don' t have the capability to do.

I guess I just look for the most accurate load and go from their????
Old 09-10-2003, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Water soaked newspaper, or magazines. There has to be more, but I can' t think of them now. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have been loading Partition bullets almost from thier introduction. Never had less than excellent performance. I load a lot of X bullets as well Excellent permormance. There is an artical in outdoor life by Jim Zumbo. He is one of the most expieranced elk hunters out there. His choice of Bullets? Corlocks. His favorite elk gun? 300 Remington Short mag in the Model 7 rifle.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I' ve never before heard that the Nosler Partician was designed to lose the foreward cavity lead.
The front portion of the partition is designed to give you the rapid expansion you need for quick kills and to provide a large wound channel (often all that is left of the front is the jagged cutting edges of the jacket), with the added benefit of the base holding together and providing additional penetration (usually about 60% of the starting bullet weight). Best of both worlds expansion and penetration.
Well, maybe the Nosler Partition isn' t exactly DESIGNED to lose the front core, but that is often what happens! The two I' ve found inside an animal, after great penetration and finally hitting a big joint which stopped the bullet, were missing the front cores. Damage in one case was unbelievable (everything ahead of the diaphragm was a bloody soup, with no piece of lungs or other organs larger than a quarter), and the remains of the front portion of the jacket were folded back, constituting the " mushroom" .
Old 09-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

firsttimeelkhunter, would you be so kind as to post a report when you bag your elk with Nosler' s bonded bullets.....I' m sure all would appreciate it.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:14 PM

That I will do. Counting down to the day. I got the accubonds today. Will be loading some up in the next couple of days. Thanks for the info!
Old 09-22-2003, 06:23 AM

The front portion of the parition is designed to mushroom and then fragment,it doesn' t fall off after entering the animal but does massive damage while the rear section continues thru for full penetration and an exit hole.The words above are from John Nosler not me.There still is not a bullet that does it all as well as a parition bar none...............it expands fast and pushes thru like no other.The new bondeds that are there to fix the jacket shedding problems the plastic tips are hitting in some cases will work well but they will " pancake" more and therefore manage less penetration than the parition.Is this inferior?NO...... but I prefer an exit wound whenever possible and at lower velocities (under 3000fps)the parition has and will continue to work best for me.They are still the PREMIUM bullet by which all others are STILL judged,as evidenced by this thread.

woods
Old 09-24-2003, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the 7mm 160-grain Accubond head to head with the 160-grain Partition. In every group the Accubond shot a little better than the Partition.
The groups were good with both bullets & I would not think twice about loading the Partition instead of the Accubond. I will give the Accubond an honest try this year on game and see how it preforms? If I do not like the preformance I will switch back to the Partition I know they work.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:38 PM

I could have written nearly the same post as wolf killer, only at 225gr. The accubond was slightly tighter than the partition. I am loading both and will take them along to colorado. I am sighting in to be zeroed at 300. This puts me 6" -ish high at the peak and 13 low at 400. I doubt very much I' ll have a shot like that, but I want to be ready. I' m sighting to zero with the Accubond and then firing for measurement of difference with the partitions. If the guides and outfitters have a preference, I can switch and test fire a couple at the ranch b/4 we leave on the pack-in. Only 9 days till we leave and lass than 2 weeks til the hunt
Old 10-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey firstime! Where did you find the .338 225-grain Accubonds? I' ve been looking for some 260' s in .375, and all thje usual the places I' ve looked don' t have either the 225' s or the 260' s. But they have all the smaller ones. Maybe the place you got yours has .375' s also??

Quick Reply: Accubond vs Partition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.