Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
reloading 7mm Rem Mag & 7mm-08 >

reloading 7mm Rem Mag & 7mm-08

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

reloading 7mm Rem Mag & 7mm-08

Old 06-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Spike

Default reloading 7mm Rem Mag & 7mm-08

after my first thread on these ive done some playing around. I kicked the Hornady A Max for the Interlock 162gr BTSP. For reasons of ill be hunting with it not just target shooting. I like the way this bullet performs, It is almost identical to the A Max. Also I bought some Retumbo and was not impressed for some reason. For one it kicked much harder and the mv was depressing. I jumped to h-1000 and i achieved a MV of 3102 with 70.5 gr. I also switched to fed. 215gmms and am getting what seems to be a more consistent pattern. Im at 2.15 @ 405. Not bad i reckon. if i hadnt been so shaky i would get better, but i am proud to say i have taken my longest shot to date. 797 yds on a 322 lb pig. the interlok did an outstanding job. so excited. My buddy let me kill a few pigs on their club and i finally got to open the remington up. Also will have an update on 7mm-08. Im using a 139gr version of this bullet and switching to 4064. will let you know how it goes until then ill reccomend this load to anyone with a 7mm rem mag.
W-W case
Federal 215 Gold Medal Match
162 gr Hornady Interlock BTSP
70.5 gr H1000
OAL 3.293