Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
shortage on primers?? >

shortage on primers??

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

shortage on primers??

Old 03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default shortage on primers??

I noticed that there is not much for primers at Cabelas. Has there been a run on supplies in your area?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Just went to Cabelas & another local gun shop today, they both had plenty in stock.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Local Gander Mtn has dropped all reloading supplies... try a local gun shop or Midway, etc.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

For anyone who was handloading thru the election years of both Obamanation and Bill Clinton should have figured out by now to keep stock of all components. If you do not you either dont pay attention or you look for new things to complain about. I have primers I bought when Obama was still trying to graduate third grade in some third world dirt floor school.

Sportsmens has them and the last gunshow I was at had then by the thousands.

Last edited by skb2706; 03-07-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

I always order mine online anymore (Natchez.com)...as my Cabelas hasn't kept much on the shelf in the way of reloading supplies in years.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not here in Il or Cabelas in Mo. My local gun show/ Law Enforcement reloader guy just got in 1M of all primers. I bought 20K to stock my supply up for he said it was getting harder to get and prices going up. I use a seal-a-meal to put mine away and then store them in 5 gal buckets with lids. Safe. dry and secure.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

The very best place I have found to order primers and powder is Powder Valley, they will ship both under 1 Hazmat fee up to limit in pounds.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

No shortage of primers here. i still have some types of primers left over from the Clinton era. These were bought just before the presidential order banning long life primers.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by falcon
No shortage of primers here. i still have some types of primers left over from the Clinton era. These were bought just before the presidential order banning long life primers.
I still don't believe that one.. and I'm as right-wing conspiracy theory as they come..
the chemistry is wrong.. the primers would have to have a half-life.. meaning half of them wouldn't work after a period of time.. for them to all be dead at the end of the "life cycle"

didn't keep me from stocking up on them either..
$12./thousand in 1996 dollars vs. $24. per thou today...