Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
New Nosler Accubond Long Range Bullets >

New Nosler Accubond Long Range Bullets

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

New Nosler Accubond Long Range Bullets

Old 11-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up New Nosler Accubond Long Range Bullets

Found this elsewhere and thought i'd post for us few that shoot LR:

Bend, Ore. – October 31, 2012 – Nosler, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of their new line of AccuBond® Long Range bullets. Developed through a combination of bullet manufacturing techniques that are unique to Nosler, the design of the AccuBond®-LR allows for the highest B.C. possible in a bullet of the same caliber and weight. Designed with an optimum performance window ranging from 3,200fps to 1,300fps, the unique tapered jacket geometry and proprietary
bonding process of the AccuBond®-LR allow it to expand rapidly for effective energy transfer and significant tissue damage while retaining sufficient weight to ensure deep penetration into the vitals. The AccuBond® bonding process allows the AccuBond®-LR to perform reliably on game throughout the entire velocity range, eliminating the problem of being “too close” often encountered with other high-B.C. bullets. The high-performance boat tail, long ogive, and polymer tip combine to make the AccuBond®-LR the sleekest, flattest- shooting, bonded, hunting bullet ever created. The ogive of the AccuBond®-LR is designed to provide excellent accuracy in a wide variety of firearms without the necessity of being loaded close to or in contact with the lands. The new AccuBond®-LR will be packaged in 100 count boxes, and will initially be available in the following calibers and weights.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

I seen a couple guys wondering, why they didn't go with a 140 gr/ 6.5?!
I was hoping to see lighter .30 cal weights 168 or 175, since i'm shooting a 1:12 in my 300 rsaum. Hopefully they come out with bullets for 6mm and .257 cal soon too.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

At least Nosler's twist rate are a little more reasonable. Berger recommends a 1:14 for .30cal 155gr bullet, wtf!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Typical Buck

That's boasting some pretty high BC. I've been happy for 20+years with my Speer Spitzer boat tails for long range hunting bullet. With today long range race it's going to be fun to sit back and watch what comes out for options. I want to hold on in my hand and see if it has that perfect smooth transfer of the ogive. Not saying I'm going to switch bullets but it does have some appeal to it. Lets stick some through heavy bones and see what happens.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Fork Horn

The 130gr 6.5mm would work out of the 6.5 Grendel and would extend it's range with the 1,300 minimum fps for expansion. I would think they would also work well in 6.5x55 SE as well. I wouldn't mind trying them out in both.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

I use 140g AB's in my 270 WSM and 120's in my 25 WSSM and so far they have performed outstanding for me. I took a 7 point last week in Michigan with my 270 WSM @ 46 yards and the bullet expanded and performed as I would have expected @ 100 yards or longer...to say I was impressed is an understatement.