Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Speer Deep Curl ( Boron Nitride) >

Speer Deep Curl ( Boron Nitride)

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Speer Deep Curl ( Boron Nitride)

Old 12-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Speer Deep Curl ( Boron Nitride)

Hi,
I recently ordered some of the new deepcurl 120gr bullets for my 25.06. I didn't realize until they arrived that they are Boron Nitride Coated. I went to the Speer website and got load data and it states that this data is specifically for Boron Nitride Coated bullets but i can't really find out much about the coating. The bullets aren't shiney but are dull in color. I also noticed that this coating isn't on all the deepcurl bullets just specific calibers. Could someone please tell me what the purpose and benefits of this coating is? Thank You! Mike
Old 12-24-2011, 02:40 AM
Spike

Good reading
http://www.6mmbr.com/bulletcoating.html
Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Boron Nitride ????????????

You newbies sure keep me hopping, even for simple bullets. Reminds me I have to check some internet sites to make sure I can buy bullets I bought ten years ago.
The closest I come to using boron is the borax I use to clean my hunting and around the house clothes.
Reminds me I read a couple of decades ago, about boron fishing rods. Never did buy one of them.