Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Hornady Brass

Old 10-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Hornady Brass

What do you folks think of Hornady Brass? Thanks
Old 10-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

I am a big Hornady bullet fan. As far as brass goes, I'll take what I can get and call it good. Unless your a match shooter I doubt the brand of brass matter's all that much. I'm not even sure it would matter as a match shooter. Every brand of component's has their follower's and none are right or wrong.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the most part there's little difference between most brands of brass but if you want the best go with Lapua.Norma is also top quality but both cost considerably more than the others.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

It's really nice brass, IMO it's better than Rem or Win brass. The necks are round and flashholes are perfect. I hate having to run brand new brass through a sizing die to get the flat spots out of the neck or clean up the flash holes. And the weight from case to case is alot closer in tolerance.

Last edited by stapher1; 10-27-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by handloader1
What do you folks think of Hornady Brass? Thanks
Hornady brass is good brass, once you get past haveing to remove the primer crimp they use. I just shot a bunch of Hornady 308 Match and went to reload it and found it was rather hard to deprime only to find out I was punching the cup face off and leaving the ring inside the primer pocket. Called Hornady to find out Winchester makes their brass and they request the primer crimp to keep elements out. So if you plan on using their Match ammo, thats what I found out. This way you have to use a crimp remover to load it. I usually don't load Horn. brass, just happened to try some.