Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

drop at 200yds

Old 10-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Spike

Default drop at 200yds

I'm shooting 2 white hots with 250gn shockwave. through my crony it's like 1900fps. If I'm dialed in at 100 how much drop should I expect at 200. I know I will have to play around for myself but what would be a good starting point?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

I have no idea what your talking about. If you'll give me the bullet weight. B. C. and the velocity again I can put it thru my cronographs balistic calculator and tell you what it is. Want to get more accurate, tell me the outside temp and the altitude you shoot at. Do you want a dead on hold at 200yds or will you sight in at a different range? Give me your sight in range, that will change the results. If you want to shoot high at 100yds, tell me how high you want to be. Then the computer will figure your zero range for you. Or you can have it figured out on max point blank range. Imagine shooting thru a pipe. How high above and below the line of sight sighting thru the exact center of the pipe would you like the bullet to travel?

Give me that stuff and it will take about 5 min as I'll have to get my stuff out and set up.

One more thing, if you don't know the B.C. of the bullet, tell me the cal and shape and I'll match it up to another bullet like it. Be so close it will scare you!