Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Anyone tried this? >

Anyone tried this?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Anyone tried this?

Old 11-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chas0218
I was just wondering if anyone has pulled apart a superformance hornady cartridge to measure powder weight and tried duplicating it?....Chas
Well unless you know with certainty what powder Hornady loads in this ammo, you really can't safely duplicate with just the same powder weight. You could get a load that's too hot or too light (not safe), if you happen to use a different powder, even if you load the same weight.
I'd stick with the recipes of whichever loading book you find consistently gives you most accurate, best performing loads for whichever rifle cartridge you're loading for.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Spike

Default Bad luck with Superformance

Getting 6" groups at 100yd shooting Superformance ammo in my new 270 t3. Was great with light federal target loads.. first half of the box of Hornady was good and it's been poor accuracy ever since. Going back to federal and try again. Anyone else have bad luck with hornady?
Old 06-08-2016, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hornady Interlocks is all I use in the three calibers I reload and all are MOA or less. I can't remember the last time I bought any ammo at a store. Maybe you should try another line of their product that doesn't use that powder. I'm using IMR 4350 in my 25-06 and 30-06s and IMR 4064 for my .243.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

AKholland
If half a box shot well then it went to crap it sounds more like a scope problem.