Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
new bullet for me need help >

new bullet for me need help

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

new bullet for me need help

Old 09-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Spike

Default new bullet for me need help

Remington 100 grain core-lokt
First time I have ever tried reloading them I can't find an accurate load for them
6-06 Ackley caliber
tried H4831 51 grs to 54 grs gave up
now working with VV N165 workied up tp 53.0 grains
but nothing real good yet.
any sugestions as to what powder.
Also OAL is 3.340 max magizine length.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Okie, what part of the state you from? I like imr4831 in my 6-06. My most accurate bullet has been the 87 gr vmax, but I usually stick the 105 gr speer for deer. The vmax don't seem to hold together at high velocity.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Spike

Default where I live

Half way between hiway 51 & 64 3 miles west of Keystone lake or
hiway 48
Terlton Ok
[email protected]
918-865-8649
Bob
write to me
Old 09-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Spike

Default 6-06 ackley

my best load so far has been the 70 gr ballistic tip
3 shots in one hole.
I am about ready to trash the core-lokts
I have tried 6 different 3 load groups & 2 powders with them and none are any good.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Headed that way in the morning. My parents live at Mannford. Did the fires get close to you 3 weeks ago? Are there any 6mm bullets you're wanting to try? I might have them.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Spike

Default fires

it burned both sides of terlton road from 48 to house creek bridge and all the way north to hiway 64.
I live south of house creek bridge. the only this we got was no electric for 9 hours.

I don't why but the email notice of replys the link will not work it just opens a blank page.

I have all kinds of 6mm bullets in noslers and hornady.
you didn't say where you live.
I'm headed to oak city in the morning to pick up a new Marlin xl7 270 I bought on the net yesterday (Armslist) good deal $200.00
I already have a 25-06 & 30-06 & 220 swift & 22-243 Ackley barrel to fit it.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by okie2
Remington 100 grain core-lokt
First time I have ever tried reloading them I can't find an accurate load for them
6-06 Ackley caliber
tried H4831 51 grs to 54 grs gave up
now working with VV N165 workied up tp 53.0 grains
but nothing real good yet.
any sugestions as to what powder.
Also OAL is 3.340 max magizine length.
I gave up on Core-Lokt bullets long ago...they are complete and utter junk! Buy a premium bullet like something from Nosler, Hornady, Speer...you'll be much happier on their performance on deer. In 6mm I prefer the Nosler Partitions...they perform quite nicely.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Spike

Default core-lokts

I have always only used Nosler & Hornady but I thought I would give them a try but I should have known made by Remington they would be junk like everything else they make is I have only owned 3 of their rifles and every one of them had a serious problem with them.
Now I only buy Savage ,Ruger & Marlin.
You don't have to buy new barrels, triggers, & stocks to have a good gun like
you do with a Remington.
Now that Remington owns Marlin I hope they don't screw them up too.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might consider that it's your application causing the problem and not the bullet itself. There are plenty of us who've made effective use of those crappy CoreLokts, driven at reasonable and intended velocities, for years. CoreLokts and many other factory bullets (not to mention more than a few premium bullets as well) were not designed to fly at some of the velocities you're attempting to push them at.

And further, although I'm not generally a proponent or opponent of any particular brand of rifle, I did recently put to use a Remington 700 in .308, fully planning on having to rebarrel it based on all the blatherings I'd read from posters on this site, only to find that, after a proper break-in, that "junk" Remington barrel contributes its part to what's an out-of-the-box 1/4 MOA rifle out to 400 yards.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by okie2
I have always only used Nosler & Hornady but I thought I would give them a try but I should have known made by Remington they would be junk like everything else they make is I have only owned 3 of their rifles and every one of them had a serious problem with them.
Now I only buy Savage ,Ruger & Marlin.
You don't have to buy new barrels, triggers, & stocks to have a good gun like
you do with a Remington.
Now that Remington owns Marlin I hope they don't screw them up too.

..... Just one more example of young "know-it-alls" who aren't even dry behind the ears yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.