Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
22-250 14" twist game bullet >

22-250 14" twist game bullet

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

22-250 14" twist game bullet

Old 06-10-2011, 07:07 AM
sm
Spike

Originally Posted by harter66
It's funny,why does the OP want to usee the 22-250 for deer ? Is this his only rifle ? Maybe there is some real valid reason for his choice. Times are tight id say since he sighted the least FMJ/varmiter like bullets around that he's an ethical hunter.
No, I have half a dozen larger caliber rifles, some of which are more suitable (I'm not sure that a .416 Rigby is really all that much better for antelope), and in any event, take most of my game with a bow. I'm just looking for the best bullet for that particular rifle, in the event that an opportunity should present itself.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sm
No, I have half a dozen larger caliber rifles, some of which are more suitable (I'm not sure that a .416 Rigby is really all that much better for antelope), and in any event, take most of my game with a bow. I'm just looking for the best bullet for that particular rifle, in the event that an opportunity should present itself.
Well if only for getting the most devestation on a larger target you'd have to have a look at a Barnes. Then again for cheap, accurate, explosive front, hold together rear I'd just go for a Sierra 1365 pill. Shoots in most anything called a 22-250. But the 22-250 was originaly called the 22 Varminter.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

check out cabelas,they carry a polimer tipped tsx 50gr.i use sierra 55gr gameking sp the speer 55gr sp and the barnes 50gr.the nosler 60gr partition also shoots well in my 22-250 1-14 twist.the barnes bullets in my rifle likes speed.hope this helps