Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
best factory cases for reloading centerfire >

best factory cases for reloading centerfire

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

best factory cases for reloading centerfire

Old 02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default best factory cases for reloading centerfire

What are the best factory cases to reload? I was reading something about chronographs and one of the posters said he did not like RP cases. I just loaded about 100 rounds of 308 with RP cases because that is what I had the most of. Any help would be appriciated because I have numerous reloading projects in the near future.
Thx
Old 02-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have always used Remington Peters cases without any issues, I dont like Winchester cases, I tried Norma, cost more and didnt get any longer case life. I have been loading some Federal cases in my 338 Win mag, they seem to work fine, I got them because when I first got my 338, I couldt find any brass and bought 4 boxes of Federal premium ammo loaded with 225gr Accubonds. My perferd brass is R-P. Just my opinion, i am sure others have different preferences
Old 02-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Lapua, Lapua and Lapua in that order.........
Old 02-22-2011, 05:55 AM
Spike

Default Best Brass?

This is another "Ford/Chevy" or "Chocolate/Vanilla" debate. Use what you have and make your own determination. I like Chevy,Vanilla, and
RPbrass.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

For the run of the mill brass Winchester seems to work better for me.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Lapua & Norma brass is great. Hornady brass is good too.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:18 PM
sm
Spike

It really depends. I like starline brass for my .45 LC, it seems to hold up better. Winchester for my 338-06, slightly more capacity than some and hard heads. Lake City Arsenal for my 30-06 mostly because I got a lot of it cheap. Hornady for my .416 Rigby because it is 1/2 the price of Norma. For my .45 ACP I pick whaterver is cheap this month, as I use a lower pressure load that doesn't push case capacity. I think that each cartridge and load needs to be evaluated for the use.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sm
It really depends. I like starline brass for my .45 LC, it seems to hold up better. Winchester for my 338-06, slightly more capacity than some and hard heads. Lake City Arsenal for my 30-06 mostly because I got a lot of it cheap. Hornady for my .416 Rigby because it is 1/2 the price of Norma. For my .45 ACP I pick whaterver is cheap this month, as I use a lower pressure load that doesn't push case capacity. I think that each cartridge and load needs to be evaluated for the use.

..... Yeah... I,ve done a bit of reloading. I tried Rem. brass. Too brittle for me. I've since settled on Win. brass until I find something else. If I go elsewhere, it will be to Lapua.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

I've used most brands mentioned. I have had excellent results with LC and RP in my 30/06. I have used Winchester in my .243, but have since switched to Hornady. I use Hornady in my 300 win. mag as well as Nickel plated Win. I don't think there is a perfect brass. Everyone has different results and preferences. Use what you have access to and buy something different if you choose and decide for yourself. CJ
Old 02-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

I've had good luck using winchester brass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.