Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
great hunting bullets >

great hunting bullets

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

great hunting bullets

Old 12-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Took me a while to find it but here it is in a nut shell. I found this artical long after I decided that the Barnes bullet was a good choice and it just re-affirmed me that I was on the right track. I have only retrieved one bullet from a whitetail which was what I had hoped it would look like. Before using it in the field I also did media & gel testing to confirm what Barnes was always bragging about..they were right.

Enjoy the read...I did!

http://www.chuckhawks.com/recommende...ng_bullets.htm

http://www.chuckhawks.com/hunting_bullet_guide1.htm

http://www.chuckhawks.com/hunting_bullet_guide2.htm

Last edited by 7MMXBOLT; 12-13-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shees, for most deer hunting I just use Remington Core-Loks or Hornady InterLoks. Most of my shots are within 125 yards and those bullets have never let me down. Besides, most of my hunting is with a lever gun and I need to use RN or FN bullets anyhow.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skb2706
What the heck is a CXP2 game animal ? Must be an east coast thing. I have hunted for 45 years, handloaded my own ammo for 37 years and can honestly say I haven't a clue what that is.
CXP2 is a cheap Winchester pointed soft point ammo.
I usually buy it when I can't find brass and I need it now.
Quick trip to the range for instant fireforming, and my brass is ready.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Not yet, waiting on new brass, what I have is about done, so not starting load developement until the new stuff gets here in jan. Just hope I got enough barrel left to shoot them, if not they may hafta wait till I get it rebarreled spring of 2011. I'll let ya know when they start flyin.RR
Cool, ya let me know. I still have a few hundred so if I'm not shooting them by then I'll give you first chance at them.