Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Speer Deep Curl

Old 10-30-2010, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

look at the hornady interlock SST good BC and accurate in every 308 or 30-06 ive loaded them for. They are a good performing bullet good controlled expansion for a non "premier" bullet. IMO you get "premier" performance for non "premier" price.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Spike

I have done some testing with the 180 grain deepcurl in my 300 win mag, they shoot the best out of this rifle. better than the partitions, they are very simular in weight retention to the accubond by nosler. I have shot into water jugs and also into wet newspaper. like i said same weight retention as the accubond. I would not hesitate to use them on elk. ps nothing wrong with partitions. i use them for some applications, very well constructed. For the money i would buy the deepcurl you can buy 100 for less than you can for 50 partitions.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:59 AM
Typical Buck

I've used Speer's spitzer boat tail for almost 30years. The BC on my 165gr is .520 that's outstanding especially since they've been that way since moses was a baby. LOL They have never failed in any aspect for hunting that I'm aware of. They were about as close to a match bullet as you could get for decades and proven in the field. They fly true, hit hard at long ranges, and retain plenty of weight. I would be heart broken if Speer ever discontinued that bullet.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another plug for 180 Accubonds here. I shot a 5x6 bull and recovered both bullets and they both was mushroomed perfectly just under the far side hide.