Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
how much are 45s worth >

how much are 45s worth

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

how much are 45s worth

Old 07-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default how much are 45s worth

How much are spent 45 acp winchester usa rounds worth. I have been saving my 45s when I target shoot in a hope to round or get them reloaded one day and I guess it is not recommend for the glock 21. Something about the barrel not fully supporting the round.

So are they worth any thing as spent rounds or should I just toss them and not wast my time picking them back up? ANy body want to buy some?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck ya they are worth something!!

I am not sure where you are at, but you could just stuff them in a flat rate box and send them my way!!

Seriously, let me know how many you have and what you want, and you might have a deal!!

Of course, I shoot a 1911, so don't have to worry about the cartridge not being fully supported.

I am really not sure what the situation is with the Glocks. I don't own one, and have never loaded for one, so I am not sure what precautions need to be taken.

Later,

Marcial
Old 07-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Yep. I buy once fired brass. .45 is more valuable than 9mm or .40
Old 07-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Spike

Thumbs up 新加的空白文章1

这是新加的空白文章1,可以在ubb可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。
Old 07-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can reload for a glock. They don't recommend it because some lead bullets will have bad barrel leading issues, which will raise chamber pressures beyond safe levels. Just load with plated bullets and keep the velocity at a moderate level.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought there was a issue with the barrel not fully supporting the casing??
Originally Posted by Centaur 1
You can reload for a glock. They don't recommend it because some lead bullets will have bad barrel leading issues, which will raise chamber pressures beyond safe levels. Just load with plated bullets and keep the velocity at a moderate level.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Anywhere from a dime to 15 cents open market for 50-100 comes down to a nickle or so by the 1000.

LEE makes a push through sizer to "deglock" the brass. I worked up a cast load for a glock worked fine leading brushed out with a Montana brush in 5-6 passes. The glocks can bulge cases but the 40 I was working with did not. When I work up a load for an auto I start at the bottom and move up about .2 gns at a time untill the action works every time and stop with about .1gn more as it has been where the accuracy is.