Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Progressive presses >

Progressive presses

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Progressive presses

Old 02-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Progressive presses

I'm just about ready to purchace a new auto indexer press complete with a added case feeder, i'm leaning more toward the Hornady Lock -N- Load machine from reading about them,,would this be a wise investment from my step up from my single stage (RCBS) press that i've had for the past 17 years???.

.. I also plan on reloading mostly .45 ACP, with the exception i'll also be reloading .270 rifle.

Last edited by throwingStarr; 02-11-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can spend more money but you cannot buy a better press than the Hornady.
Their customer service is top notch also.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Banned

Dillion 550B is the heat
Old 02-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Spike

I use the Lee Pro 1000. Why? Because it has one slick little bullet feeder. No more setting those bullets one at a time. Fill the tube and go!Does anyone else offer a bullet feeder, besides the high dollar after market one for Dillon presses?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

For sure get one that auto indexes. That feature helps reduce the risk of a double charge.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Spike

I should clearify, that Lee's bullet feeder is an option, round $35.00. Then you have to buy different fingers and another part for different size bullets. That kit is, I believe, $15.00. Check out the Lee reloading web site.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

I just set up my new LNL AP. SO far I've had a few different questions about both the press and the redemption forms for the 500 free bullets, called Hornady customer service 3 times, spoke to three different people and all have been very helpful, kind, caring, and wonderful to deal with. I also have a RCBS Rock Chucker for the precise hunting loads and will continue to use with my rifles. I'm planning on loading 9mm, 38, 45ACP and 223/5.56 on my LNL AP. I ordered a few extra bushings and some extra retaining springs and am waiting on is my bullets, powder, and primers which I'll pick up this weekend at my local reloading shop. Good luck, so far I've only loaded a few test 9mm to help get the dies set correctly, but have no used any powder and I've loved it.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are some great Hornady vids on youtube