Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Tipped TSX???

Old 01-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

What really impressed me with the X bullets was when I butchered a few of my own deer. When you have the deer skinned, you can really assess what the bullet has done. They rip stuff up!!!! And when field dressing, you find half a heart and the lungs are liquified, that's good. With an exit every time.

This year I shot a small doe behind the shoulder. When I got to the spot of the shot, I saw stomach contents. When I turned the deer over, I noticed the hide was ripped apart from the chest to the stomach. Turns out I hit a rib and rib fragments blew back, through the diaphragm and into the abdomen. The bullet went through the heart. Most destruction I've seen on a big game animal - ever.

And these grooved X bullets shoot accurately. All our rifles can shoot inch groups with good hand loads.