Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Best way to lube casings? >

Best way to lube casings?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Best way to lube casings?

Old 01-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

I've always used RCBS case lube on a pad and a neck brush. I can't say I've ever hung up case on the neck though or even on the expander except with that dang unbreakable decaper/expander LEE in a 308. Then I pulled the whole thing out.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
For 13 years I have used WD-40. Spray some on your case lube pad, roll the cases then swab the inside of the neck with a Q-tip soaked in WD-40. Works awesome!!

Have some paper towels on hand to dry your hands when handling primers.
Wow. WD 40 is a primer killer. I'm not trying to start anything here but I would never use a oil to lube my cases but if it works for you that's great however, I'll stick with my old lube pad, it has worked for me for 20-25 years and although sometimes I think there has to be something better I'm stuck with if it ain't broke don't fix it
Old 01-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by harter66
I've always used RCBS case lube on a pad and a neck brush. I can't say I've ever hung up case on the neck though or even on the expander except with that dang unbreakable decaper/expander LEE in a 308. Then I pulled the whole thing out.
You're talking about lubing the inside of the neck I was talking about not lubing the outside of it.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

I've always used a RCBS case lube and pad with neck brushes to lube the inside of the neck.No problems so far.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow. WD 40 is a primer killer.
100s of rounds. Maybe thousands. 13 years doing it with WD-40 and all the rounds go boom.

You guys don't have to stop using the expensive stuff. And I'll keep doing it the cheap way
Old 01-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
100s of rounds. Maybe thousands. 13 years doing it with WD-40 and all the rounds go boom.

You guys don't have to stop using the expensive stuff. And I'll keep doing it the cheap way
I wouldn't say my way is expensive with using the RCBS pad and lube. The kit cost me $15 for the pad, a bottle of lube and the neck brush and it's done a couple thousand rounds and I have only used about 3/4 of the lube.
It only takes a few drops to do hundreds of rounds. Another bottle is about $4.
I guess you've been lucky.