Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Sierra load info >

Sierra load info

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Sierra load info

Old 01-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sierra load info

Would someone with a sierra loading book mind giving me some info? I want to load a 110 gr sierra hollow point for a .308 win. I would like to have the starting load and velocity. I would also like to have the max load and velocity. The powder will be IMR 4064. If you will do this for me it will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Shoulder Strap; 01-05-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:28 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Shoulder Strap
Would someone with a sierra loading book mind giving me some info? I want to load a 110 gr sierra hollow point for a .308 win. I would like to have the starting load and velocity. I would also like to have the max load and velocity. The powder will be IMR 4064. If you will do this for me it will be greatly appreciated.
Starting is 44.3gr at 2800fps
Max is 50.2gr at 3200fps

Accoring to my sierra vol 4 manual.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Start:
43.5=2800fps
Max:
49.1=3200fps
Using Federal cases and Federal 210m primers
Per Sierra's Vol 5
Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by thndrchiken
Start:
43.5=2800fps
Max:
49.1=3200fps
Using Federal cases and Federal 210m primers
Per Sierra's Vol 5
Once again proves that manuals are just guidelines. One need to know how to interpret pressure signs.

Dont' have vol5.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

For future reference, if you call Sierra and ask for a tech, they will fax/email you the pages right from their loading book of your choice of chambering. I have many.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help. I didnt know sierra would give that info with out purchasing their manual. thank again
Old 01-07-2010, 01:52 PM
bigcountry

Thanks for the help. I didnt know sierra would give that info with out purchasing their manual. thank again
Yea, you just got to deal with a little arrogance of a few of the techs. Paul Boxx and Rich Machholz are pretty good guys to talk too. I just can't deal with Duane Siricks and Carroll P.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

Download the .308 section of the Sierra Manual here

http://www.6mmbr.citymaker.com/f/Sierra308Win.pdf

Good information located here

http://www.6mmbr.com/308Win.html

Enjoy
Old 01-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes Sierra will send you anything you want up to two chamberings at a time I believe. Hornady will send you a 'by chambering' hand written tech sheet which is ultimately used to generate their loading books. I have a three ring binder full of that stuff. Usually I got it when I bought some new chambering for which the data hadn't been published yet.

ie .204 Ruger, .260 Remington and some newer style bullets.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why wouldn't they, though? They want folks to buy their bullets, but realize that the first time they try them they might be reluctant to run out and buy the manual in case they don't like them. By giving out load data, it provides new customers an easy in to using their product. Then if the customer is impressed they'll not only buy more bullets, but might just go ahead and buy the load manual later, too. I'd call it good business.

If I called Sierra and asked for load data for a cartridge and they told me that I'd just have to buy the manual, I might just decide to try Berger bullets instead. Berger will happily email me data for any cartridge I ask about, and Sierra knows it so it's in their interest to give out data on request.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.