Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Sierra load info >

Sierra load info

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Sierra load info

Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by driftrider
Why wouldn't they, though? They want folks to buy their bullets, but realize that the first time they try them they might be reluctant to run out and buy the manual in case they don't like them. By giving out load data, it provides new customers an easy in to using their product. Then if the customer is impressed they'll not only buy more bullets, but might just go ahead and buy the load manual later, too. I'd call it good business.

If I called Sierra and asked for load data for a cartridge and they told me that I'd just have to buy the manual, I might just decide to try Berger bullets instead. Berger will happily email me data for any cartridge I ask about, and Sierra knows it so it's in their interest to give out data on request.

Mike
At one time hornady used to take that stand, in fact when I pushed one lady, she threw out a dangerous load of 26gr of H100 with a 44mag and 240gr XTP. Needless to say I quit buying hornady all together.

I am back to buying em, because they seem more at ease helping me to shoot thier bullets these days.