Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

price savings.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rarely do I edit someone's post
But the message that was written here was and is a personal attack which has no relevence to the topic...the poster was banned. and it did use some poor language.......we are aware through everyone's help what is going on.

JW

Last edited by JW; 12-13-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:58 AM
Fork Horn

Damn, the drama posts are gone before I got to read em.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by driftrider
My experiment worked beautifully.

Mike
HAHA Nice! Wish I wouldn't have missed the rest of it...
Old 12-13-2009, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Carpmaster
Where are you finding brass for 6 bucks per hundred???
I find it for free / 100 all the time at the range.
9mm, .40, 45acp, 357mag, 44mag , .223, 30-06, 7mm mag, and the list goes one.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:53 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by pnut
I find it for free / 100 all the time at the range.
9mm, .40, 45acp, 357mag, 44mag , .223, 30-06, 7mm mag, and the list goes one.
While I do the same, to an extent. Be careful. If you reload and shoot enough, you can expect to get a case that has been loaded 10 times. And let me tell ya from experience, case failure can be a scary experience.

One thing about the Rem700 action. They handle it well and designed for it. A mod 70 not so well.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

Terminal.

Get yourself some help!!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Wow.

I reload .45 ACP for Bullseye match shooting. It's something that I've been doing for years - many 10s of thousands of rounds.
My basic load is a 200 gr. LSWC and 4.0 grains of Bullseye. That gets me a bullet moving at 750 fps, enough to keep it stable and accurate at 50 yards.
Cost - Buying lead bullets 1000 at a time (about $80 plus s/h) lets say 10 cents per, so 100 costs $10. Powder (1750 loads per pound is about 1.5 cents a load). Primers are 3 cents. Brass - I have a gazillion pieces of brass so I don't count that.....and some of those cases have been reloaded 40 times.
So....10 + 1.5 + 3 = 14.5 cents a round or $14.50 per 100.
My cost is lower than that because I cast my own bullets - doing that lowers the cost per 100 to $4.50.
The $4.50 is unrealistic, I know, for a casual shooter or some one just starting out as a reloader but it is possible. (my actual cost, at this point in time, is even lower - I'm using primers bought in 1989 when the cost was half what it is now and powder bought at $16 a pound as opposed to over $20)
Pete
Old 12-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanks guys sorry to start soem drama. driftrider that first post was real good and explained it real well.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rarely do I edit someone's post
But the message that was written here was and is a personal attack which has no relevence to the topic...the poster was banned. and it did use some poor language.......we are aware through everyone's help what is going on.

JW
Hey look, I had one of my posts modded! I think that in the almost 7 years I've been lurking about here, that this is the first time. I've been a bad, bad boy!

And after I had another mod, who shall remain nameless, tell me that I could leave it up after telling him that I'd be glad to delete it myself if he wanted me to.

Anyway, my post was directed at someone who badly needed his punk card pulled, so I pulled it. I was also conducting an experiment to verify a non-professional diagnosis of this particular individuals psychological disfunction. Turns out that the experiment was a triumph, and a lot of fun to boot!

bigtim,

I'm glad my response was helpful. It is based on fact and research, despite the irrational and childish criticism I received for it. As you can see, I edited it to include references and commentary on how the numbers were derived. I'm sure there are ways to do it cheaper, but not without sacrificing quality of components or having the ability to buy in bulk and/or at wholesale prices. My numbers were designed to reflect the most common components acquired from typical retail sources.

Mike
Old 12-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

30% is enough for me I would rather save 30% then save 50% and get junk. As for ammo cost when I had my ar in 03 when the ban went up I bought 1000 rounds of surplus ammo all the time for 100 bucks for 223. Got lucky one time. A guy had bought some ammo bulk like a cargo container amount. I got a box 125 out the door 1000 rounds .223 surplus. Lol It was new wolf ammo. Some of the best ammo I ever shot
Hey look, I had one of my posts modded! I think that in the almost 7 years I've been lurking about here, that this is the first time. I've been a bad, bad boy!

And after I had another mod, who shall remain nameless, tell me that I could leave it up after telling him that I'd be glad to delete it myself if he wanted me to.

Anyway, my post was directed at someone who badly needed his punk card pulled, so I pulled it. I was also conducting an experiment to verify a non-professional diagnosis of this particular individuals psychological disfunction. Turns out that the experiment was a triumph, and a lot of fun to boot!

bigtim,

I'm glad my response was helpful. It is based on fact and research, despite the irrational and childish criticism I received for it. As you can see, I edited it to include references and commentary on how the numbers were derived. I'm sure there are ways to do it cheaper, but not without sacrificing quality of components or having the ability to buy in bulk and/or at wholesale prices. My numbers were designed to reflect the most common components acquired from typical retail sources.

Mike