Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Anyone Reloading a short Barreled 308 >

Anyone Reloading a short Barreled 308

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Anyone Reloading a short Barreled 308

Old 11-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

kissing the lands does not guarantee accuracy anyone who says it does is a fool. One thing it does guarantee is far less room for error..... and some things you have no control over unless you have some very specialized equipment otherwise these things more than often go unnoticed and when they do you are asking for a boat load of trouble. that said I always load within SAAMI spec besides a cartridge that doesnt fit in my magazine is useless to me.....
Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Terra Firma
What are these "things"?

SAAMI "specs" are random ballpark guesstimates,which are archaeic in the extreme. You've ZERO concept of mag/throat geometry and that is being rather kind.

Stick with what you know(whatever that may be).

firearm and ammunition standards duh!!....... maybe you need to learn something. http://www.saami.org/Technical.cfm. I know safe loading practices apparently you dont.... In my book you are a fool and an A$$.......
Old 11-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Feel free to cite the COAL's your great "knowing" entails and throat/mag extrapolations in regards to same,as per a particular rifle.

In everyone's book,you are a clueless Mall Ninja,fully devoid of even her first clue in regards to these most basic particulars.

I see what you are saying now. had to read through the jibberish maybe if you wrote in plain english I would have understood you the first time. but you still come off as an A$$ so that still stands. You may benefit from a etiquette class or two.

As a general rule I stay within the SAAMI min and max COL's!! theres no reason to deviate outside of it to obtain accurate ammunition. In my particular remington rifle the maximum i can seat to fit in the magazine is 2.8" I realize thats just my particular rifle other rifles may have different magazine dimensions that would allow longer COL's and ofcourse looser throats would allow even longer COL's and still be relatively safe. But I like to play it completely safe and stay within SAAMI guide lines. I know more than you assumed but Im not one to fool around with a potential pipe bomb 4 inches from my face nor will I suggest anyone to do that either.... better to be safe.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

What are these "things"?

SAAMI "specs" are random ballpark guesstimates,which are archaeic in the extreme. You've ZERO concept of mag/throat geometry and that is being rather kind.

Stick with what you know(whatever that may be).

"things" would be bullet ogives. Im not an expert on the subject nor do I intend to come off as one. Thats why I did not go into explaining it. from my stand point and or lack of knowledge I find it easier and safer to stay within SAAMI guide lines. I dont see how you can accuse me of being a mall ninja never did I explain my stance as fact its only my opinion nor did I try to come off as an "EXPERT". You probably know more about the subject than i do. So feel free and explain away!!! unless maybe you are actually the mall ninja?!?!?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know nothing,though I find it curious that you wish to repeatedly reiterate that obvious.

All Remington short actions,whether 600,660,7,700,Ti,etc...share the EXACT same 2.815"-ish COAL latitude magbox. Matters not if it is ADL or BDL. Now within those offerings,throat geometry runs the gamut within the spectrum of chamberings available. THE most notoriously long throated victim,is the 308Win chambering. Most of it due to high pressure MilSurp fodder and that generous throat being a safety net of sorts.

Just loading to "SAAMI" COAL specs,is about the dumbest thing you can do to a rifle,except perhaps increasing the trigger pull weight and beating upon the crown with a cold chisel.

Any 'smith worth his salt,will take great strides to circumvent the issued Remmie 308Win throat specs,because minimizing same increases perecision potential. Thus the initial query,in regards to same,so as to have a baseline from which to extrapolate some options for said rifle.

Though I digress...as I was digging your Treatise on Retarded Reloading 101 and please continue sharing that "knowledge".
the way you put it a remington in 308 has no way of being able to shoot well.... My load for this rifle is well within SAAMI guidelines and shoots tight groups. but according to you this would be impossible????
Old 11-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

terra firma...... bet you dont even know what your name means..... because your ground sure dont seem very solid. perhaps you need a new screen..... like D-Bag or QuackQuack.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Holy cow he keeps coming back and coming back....gotta have the record for most bans!
Old 12-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Carpmaster
Holy cow he keeps coming back and coming back....gotta have the record for most bans!

this explains alot lol
Old 12-05-2009, 01:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Of Course
Woof,

Keep musing your ballistic "knowledge"!

get bent quack.....
Old 12-18-2009, 06:27 AM
Spike

Rem 600 in 308 Win

IMR 4895 @ 43.6
Sierra 165 Gameking