Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Case tumbler

Old 07-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Case tumbler

Just orderded a hornady m2 tumbler from midway and a 223 brass catcher. Never relized how exspensive backorders are to be shipped. I let my wants take over never again will I buy that way. The tumbler is the last this peice of reloading equipment I'll need for somtime. That's the main thing I keep telling myself anyway . Anybody else have back order issuse's
Old 07-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Case tumbler

In my experience, Midway is the only retailer that charges another shipping charge on an order that has a partial backorder. I really like Midway's fast shipping and customer service, but will not place an order with a partial backorder just for that reason.

I've found some retailers that have very good prices, and better shipping rates too. To name a few, Able Ammo, Mid South Shooting supplies, Grafs, Elk Ridge shooting supplies. Natchez seems to still have good prices, although their shipping rates have increased.

Cabela's shipping rates are extremely overpriced, and their prices are not much better. I avoid them unless I'm buying clearance and discounted items.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

They told me the total shipping cost works out the same in the end but I'm not sure that's true.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Each backorder is a seperate shipping charge do to the fact they ship differant days Had a change of heart and decided to cancel.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought some stuff from Cabelas cashing in some points. The orders came in 4 different boxes with 1 piece backordered all for the same shiping charge. In fact one of the items was a tumbler.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL after I cancelled my order the tumblers are in stock now