HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Reloading (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading-15/)
-   -   cant find primers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading/296759-cant-find-primers.html)

cgguy 06-27-2009 04:41 PM

cant find primers

I know this has been talked about, I cant find large rifle primers. Anyone know any online stores that have some?

rritchey sr. 06-28-2009 06:06 AM

RE: cant find primers

The only place that I have seen large rifle primers is on gunbroker.com and they are not cheap!

hunter5325 06-28-2009 11:40 AM

I've got plenty to choose from here in Boise......though theyrun$7-$9 per 100.

cjohnson3006 06-29-2009 03:31 PM

Bass Pro and Cabelas here both have them in stock. They are limiting quantities to 300, but they are still around $3-$4 box.

eldeguello 06-30-2009 05:46 AM

This price gouging is sure disgusting, considering what it costs to make a primer. About .5 a penny per primer.

bigcountry 06-30-2009 08:05 AM

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

This price gouging is sure disgusting, considering what it costs to make a primer. About .5 a penny per primer.
Yep, we are doing each other in all by ourselves. I see guys on gunbroker selling a 1000 215 primers for $75. Thats criminal. You know I myself have 5 bricks of 215 primers. I bought them at the price of 29 dollars abrick last year. I would never sit there and hurt the sport by gouging a fellow shooter.

thndrchiken 06-30-2009 09:40 AM

I got lucky and bought 2000 lr primers about two months ago from Midway, I refuse to pay the prices on gunbroker. I'll wait until Midway or Cabelas has them in stock again. On a side note I went to a couple of gun shows a while back and they were gouging people almost as bad.

oldreloader 06-30-2009 06:50 PM

I'm on the notify list(CCI LR 250) for Midway,Midsouth, and Natchez. Midway sent me an email after 3pm today that they had some in.They were already out and no backorders by the time I read it at 7pm. I'm on Cabela's backorder list. They were suppose to have them in in June and now they say it it will be July.I talked to the owner of a local shop and he said it could be up to 6 months before he got any more.

wolverine72 07-01-2009 06:35 AM

Not trying to pick a fight here.... but this is just my honest opinion.

I just do not understand how a seller can be blamed for high prices or gouging, when prices are being completely determined by a free market!!! In an auction style setting, the price is entirely set by the buyers (of course, not taking into account reserves, but if the reserve is too high, then there is no buyer and therefore no market). If people choose to pay $75 or more for primers, that's done on their own free will. If one thinks prices are too high, then don't participate in the market. If enough do not participate, then prices will come down. It's a pretty simple, and time proven concept.

I will not buy at these crazy prices, but I also made the decision to buy late last year, before this happened. The writing was clearly on the wall -- history repeats itself -- same thing happened back in 1993 after Clinton was elected.

It's also nice to see some small town sporting good owners make a little money in this market. How many of our hunting and shooting friends have lost their businesses in the past from large catalog retailers with destination stores, increased costs from taxes and regulations, and a struggling economy... I am actually happy for them -- let's be completely honest, how many filthy rich small, mom and pop sporting good store owners are out there??? What's wrong with those who share our hunting and shooting heritage making a little more money???

falcon 07-01-2009 01:14 PM

Yep, we are doing each other in all by ourselves.

Bingo!!!i bought into the "Clinton is going to take away our primers" scare. i still have a lot of LRM primers from that exercise in stupidity.