Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Are things beginning to loosen up? >

Are things beginning to loosen up?

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Are things beginning to loosen up?

Old 05-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Are things beginning to loosen up?

That is partly true, The NRA and other pro gun groups used osama to scare the hell out of people. In that way, they are partly to blame as well. This hoarding will last quite a while IMO maybe for years. Also, the prices will remain high for a long time. I hope it ends quickly and sticks the greedy bastards with a ton of stuff that they don't need. I have a hunch that some dealers are holding back supplies to drive the price up too. I can't believe that many of them didn't see this coming. Speculation is doing here just what it did for oil prices, the same forces are at work as well as some of the same people. IMO.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually they were on short supply on a lot of ammo before the election . Especially 223 ammo has been short and increasing in price for over two years . We were paying $37.50 a case two years ago and just before the election it had gone up to $89.50 a case . After the electionwas overthe panic set inbut that wasnt the only thing that caused the shortages we have today . We had the same thing during the Clintoon years just not as bad as now because there wasn't two wars to factor in to italso .
Old 05-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

He limits what he sells so that he will have supplies for all those in need. Or should I say he shows "Common Sense". So if you are one of the guys going in to clean him out then too bad for you. But if you are an honest fellow who HE THINKS will come back again then he will be kind to you.

But why should he be kind to the ONE TIMERS?? Actually I have seen a few ONE TIMERS come in(and it is easy to tell who they are), and he told them he did not even have certain items, that I knew he had.

I worked in the shooting industry for years. And I watched a lot of customers walk by neighborhood shops and go to WalMart to save a buck or two. Now these WalMart shoppers need their local guy. And the people who stayed with thier local guys are reaping the rewards in this type market. And the Wal Marters are suffering a bit.

My guy is no dummy. He knows the first time shoppers will go back to WalMart when WalMart gets product back on the shelf(If they get product back on the shelf). So why should he concern himself with small mark ups on a customer that would walk away to save a dime somewhere else??

Heck a lot of the small dealers are laughing at these guys when they walk out. They are finally getting a little payback, after all the years of "I will go to WalMart" to buy it.

Most gun shop owners are not smart business people. Your friend definately fits into that majority.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pretty much gave up on shooting and reloading and will do so until the current Tulip Bulb Mania
hits the wall.

[:'(]

I have a feeling that prices are going to drop drastically once things stabilize and people start to wonder what they are going to do with 3 pallets full of primers in their bedroom.