HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Reloading (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading-15/)
-   -   85 gr Nosler Partitions in 243... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading/287799-85-gr-nosler-partitions-243-a.html)

Doe Dumper 02-26-2009 07:06 PM

85 gr Nosler Partitions in 243...

Anyone using them? I finally got around to loading some and they do very well with the IMR4831...Im over the Nosler book max but have had nothing resembling pressure signs. I may have to try these for deer.... has anyone used them for deer? Should hit like a ton of bricks.

DM 02-27-2009 05:48 AM

RE: 85 gr Nosler Partitions in 243...

I've shot several deer and a few other things with them loaded in my .243 Win. and my .240 Wby... I really like the extra penetration the 100NP's give though...

DM

Pawildman 02-27-2009 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Anyone using them? I finally got around to loading some and they do very well with the IMR4831...Im over the Nosler book max but have had nothing resembling pressure signs. I may have to try these for deer.... has anyone used them for deer? Should hit like a ton of bricks.

Well gee, thanks, Doe Dumper.....That's all I needed was something else to try in my .243 AI. Now I'm gonna have to get a box and try them myself.
I do hope they perform well, though. I've tried Partitions in several of my other rifles (7-08 & 338 WM ) and never had good luck getting the accuracy level I wanted. Maybe this time..........

jeepkid 02-27-2009 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

Well gee, thanks, Doe Dumper.....That's all I needed was something else to try in my .243 AI. Now I'm gonna have to get a box and try them myself.
I do hope they perform well, though. I've tried Partitions in several of my other rifles (7-08 & 338 WM ) and never had good luck getting the accuracy level I wanted. Maybe this time..........
I wish they would make an 85 or 105gr Accubond...

Doe Dumper 02-27-2009 03:50 PM

PA Im not getting what ya'd call "anal accuracy" out of them. However they are down in the inch and slightly less category in the 243 and the 270 I have loaded them for. For some reason both of those guns are powder sluts though. Seem to like heavy loads to really tighten the groups up. I havent started on that 300 Savage yet but Id say Ive got enough brass to last me forever with that thing as well thanks to Widener's...:D

Pawildman 02-27-2009 06:52 PM

PA Im not getting what ya'd call "anal accuracy" out of them. However they are down in the inch and slightly less category in the 243 and the 270 I have loaded them for. For some reason both of those guns are powder sluts though. Seem to like heavy loads to really tighten the groups up. I havent started on that 300 Savage yet but Id say Ive got enough brass to last me forever with that thing as well thanks to Widener's...:D

I don't know......maybe I expect too much, sometimes. Always chasing that one small ragged hole group with my rifles. Probably because I've often been able to get it with a good bit of load development work and stock/trigger work. Sometimes it just doesn't work out with a particular component or barreland I'm always searching for something that will tighten things up just a tad more. Yeah, you're probably right about spending too much time trying to put a 5-shotsub-0.500" group in the boiler room of a deer or an elk. Obama is probably going to try to alleviate me of my symptoms.
As for the Savage, no work has been started yet...but you're absolutely correct about getting the brass when we did....who knows if and when it's really going to get tough to find much of it. I love a good challenge once in awhile, tho..................

DM 02-27-2009 07:55 PM

I don't think i've ever had even one gun that didn't shoot NP's well!

DM

Doe Dumper 02-27-2009 08:16 PM

DM I've only loaded them for 2 guns and have been well pleased with the accuracy of both so far.

PA I havent been loading nearly long enough to get that into accuracy..lol...Im still fairly happy that they go boom when I pull the trigger :D

Ron Duval 02-28-2009 05:21 AM

old

removed by RD