Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Where to find data on pressures? >

Where to find data on pressures?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Where to find data on pressures?

Old 02-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Where to find data on pressures?

Logically the 7mm STW case would be smarter. I wasn't planning on making it a power house. Just a very flat long range caliber. I must agree with BigCountry the 300win neck might be too short after resizing the case. But using that case gives it 7 more grains of powder versus a 270 weatherbymag case. When your hitting 3400 fps with a 130 gr bullet 7 more grains is a huge difference at 500yds plus. Plus I didn't want 300rum or 7mm STW recoil. The 264 win mag is mighty flat but on the light end of bullet weights i was planning on using.

I was planning on sticking around the 140gr bullets.
The rifle would be built on a Ruger No.1 medium barrel weight and adding another 2" of length bringing it to 28" for added stability using a slower twist barrel.
I wouldn't mind going beltless case though but it's not my first intentions of moving up into the Rum class of cases. And i'm for sure staying away from the weatherby cases the shoulders are just lacking in preformance. Lots of pressure for lil gain.

More case suggestions are welcome. Thanks