Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Imperial Sizing Die Wax >

Imperial Sizing Die Wax

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Imperial Sizing Die Wax

Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Imperial Sizing Die Wax

........Was looking thru my Midway catalog recently for other things, ans found the Imperial Sizing Wax. I've heard so many good things about it that I decided to give it a try since I was placing an order anyhow. I gotta tell you, I've been a Vaseline guy for many years and saw no reason to change, but I'm changed now!! This stuff is fantastic....The directions say to use sparingly, and they are right! A little goes a long way. I noticed the difference immediately. My press and dies are SOOOO much easier to operate...much smoother and with less effort than before with other lubes.
Any other comments from the others out there who are using it??? Don.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Imperial Sizing Die Wax

I don't care much for it for case body, but for inside necks, i notice much more uniform concentricity.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use it all the time. No dents. Tom.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:58 PM
DM

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

........Was looking thru my Midway catalog recently for other things, ans found the Imperial Sizing Wax. I've heard so many good things about it that I decided to give it a try since I was placing an order anyhow. I gotta tell you, I've been a Vaseline guy for many years and saw no reason to change, but I'm changed now!! This stuff is fantastic....The directions say to use sparingly, and they are right! A little goes a long way. I noticed the difference immediately. My press and dies are SOOOO much easier to operate...much smoother and with less effort than before with other lubes.
Any other comments from the others out there who are using it??? Don.
I've been using it for many many years, and no matter what else i try, i always come back to it. I've found nothing better for heavy case forming too...

DM
Old 10-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Typical Buck

What is the clean up like?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: goatbrother

Almost nothing. I use a towel to wipe off the case body, which is pretty clean anyhow due to the fact that you use so little to begin with, and a Q-Tip to wipe out the inside of the mouth. Very simple...........
Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 AM
bigcountry

Now this is the one thing I don't like about it on the case body. And like oneshot better. You wipe it off, but its time consuming.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Now this is the one thing I don't like about it on the case body. And like oneshot better. You wipe it off, but its time consuming.
bc.....I've had a can of Hornady's Oneshot on a shelf here for some time, and never tried it.....Do you turn the casings upside down before spraying to keep it off the shoulders? And how do you lube the inside of the neck before sizing, if that's the procedure? I was impressed with the Imperial...Same basic procedure I've always used. Now ya got me wonderin'....I just read on the Oneshot can that you let it dry before sizing. No clean-up after sizing??....
Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never stuck a case in a die in the first thirty years of handloading....done it twice with Oneshot. The overspray makes it a waste and a can doesn't go that far. A tin of Imperial may last me the rest of my life.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:42 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

bc.....I've had a can of Hornady's Oneshot on a shelf here for some time, and never tried it.....Do you turn the casings upside down before spraying to keep it off the shoulders? And how do you lube the inside of the neck before sizing, if that's the procedure? I was impressed with the Imperial...Same basic procedure I've always used. Now ya got me wonderin'....I just read on the Oneshot can that you let it dry before sizing. No clean-up after sizing??....
I love oneshot. What I do is line up two lines of 10 cases each (20 cases)with the mouths facing me. I spray over them at a 45 degree angle so I get some in the mouths. I wait 1 or so min and I take my hand and roll the cases to the other side. I do the same. I then will use my imperial with a Q-tip for inside case mouths. I don't care if the oneshot gets on the shoulders or neck. I love the stuff myself.

I just don't have time anymore to play around. If one has the time, go for it.

Anytime I am sizing down brass, I might use imperial.

Quick Reply: Imperial Sizing Die Wax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.