Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Imperial Sizing Die Wax >

Imperial Sizing Die Wax

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Imperial Sizing Die Wax

Old 10-08-2008, 02:34 PM

Default RE: Imperial Sizing Die Wax

I have been using the wax for 2+ decades, and use thier graphite for neck mouths. I cannot even guess how many thousand rounds I have used this stuff on, without any problem of any sort.
I did try OneShot earlier this year, interesting stuff, but I did have some problems with 300 mag cases. You do have to lay down a lot of spray for it to work properly. Convenient, but I do not believe the can will last very long.
Imperial remains my go to case lube.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:47 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: fishdog52

I have been using the wax for 2+ decades, and use thier graphite for neck mouths. I cannot even guess how many thousand rounds I have used this stuff on, without any problem of any sort.
I did try OneShot earlier this year, interesting stuff, but I did have some problems with 300 mag cases. You do have to lay down a lot of spray for it to work properly. Convenient, but I do not believe the can will last very long.
You know I hear people say they had this or that trouble. I can't say I have knock on wood after over 5 years of use. Also hear people say you have to lay down all this spray. It just takes two swipes. I am not sure what others are doing.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: fishdog52

You know I hear people say they had this or that trouble. I can't say I have knock on wood after over 5 years of use. Also hear people say you have to lay down all this spray. It just takes two swipes. I am not sure what others are doing.
..........But you still use Imperial to lube the insides of the necks, right??
Old 10-08-2008, 08:32 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

..........But you still use Imperial to lube the insides of the necks, right??
Yep, I just see a big difference in concentricity the smoother I make the expander ball coming out.

I want to try the graphite. Just never got around to it. I think that would be the cats meow for inside necks.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Imperial Sizing Die Wax is all I have used for years. Good luck.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:00 PM

I have my first tin of imperial wax and I do like it where it's needed, but I use lee collet dies on most of my bottle neck cases and no lube is required with them. When loading 45/70 brass I have been using it and I think it does work great.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:32 AM

Redding Imperial has come out with a small can of tiny balls (ceramic?) that are to be used with graphite, easing the use of graphite for necks. I gotta say.... brilliant. Why didn't I think of that?
Guessing this will make a container of graphite last about 4 generations.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

I have been using it since 1975 best lube on the market.