Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 new bullet design idea >

new bullet design idea

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

new bullet design idea

Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 PM

Default new bullet design idea

ok i was thinking about bullet designs and i dont know if this would work or not but here it is. ok starting off with any pointed bullet and was thinking as a design making it look kind of like a broad head would look like, but not as thin as that, just having 4 gruves or whatever it takes to make it accurate on the slope of the bullet. i would think it would make it go throught the wind easier if it was like that, but maybe not. i dont know if anything has been made like that or not.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: new bullet design idea

You obviously don't understand why broadheads are shaped the way that they are. A broadhead is shaped the way that it is to be able to cut easier,not because it provides less air resistance or flies truer.Target points are shaped like a bullet so that they fly truer.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:01 PM

so you dont think i would matter at all. even with the way it spins. i'd still think with how fast a bullet is moving it would do something.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

The more symetrical a bullet is,the better the chances of it flying true.Grooves of any kind will create more drag and reduce the ballistic co-efficient.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nightsniper1

so you dont think i would matter at all. even with the way it spins. i'd still think with how fast a bullet is moving it would do something.
Good idea...coming from someone who's never even shot a rifle...
Old 08-30-2008, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

ORIGINAL: nightsniper1

Good idea...coming from someone who's never even shot a rifle...
i've shot lots of rifles.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:43 PM

Any sort of even thesmallest blades on the tip of a bullet would probably severely affect the spinof the bullet and effectively turn it's BC into a more or less blunt tip...but that's just how I'm guessing it would work out. I couldn't say for sure, though,because I'm notcertain it's ever been tried.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:46 PM

ya it was a stupid question but i thought i'd ask anyway.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:55 PM

NS, don't be afraid to askquestions. You've just learned something new, and you will be able to learn a lot from the people on this site.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:09 PM

ok thanks. what do you think would be a good price for new unprimed brass for a .223 i found them in 100 pack by remington for about 32.00.

Quick Reply: new bullet design idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.