Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Accubond or TBBC???? >

Accubond or TBBC????

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Accubond or TBBC????

Old 08-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Accubond or TBBC????

That's vcool Ridge Runner! Although, I'd like to see you lug that big ole gun around the mountains of Idaho
Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Either bullet should do just fine. Federal uses the newer TBBC with the polymer tip, pressure rings (like a TSX) and is a boat tail. These modifications were made to counter some of what has been said on here about the TBBC. If it was me I would buy a box of each and check the accuracy and velocity over a chrony. It was not totally clear in your post, but it seamed you already had a reload recipe for the accubond. If so, and you like it, then take it. I think the new TBBC would have better terminal performance. The accubond would probably be more consistent at range due to the TBBC having a weight forward design. Check the TBBC at 100, 200 and 300 yards if you can. Groups used to open up a little at greater distances from why I read with the old style. I shot the old federal TBBC loads in my 25-06 with great confidence. I knew it would drive through any deer at any angle even if others were more accurate in my rifle.

mello
Old 08-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe weatherby tends to load their own ammo hotter than other manufacturers load their ammo, so that may be a concern....

Saw a guy in BC using TBBC after pulling one out of his bear, perfect mushroom, did the job, was pretty impressed. But I think they all tend to work in different ways, his TBBC looked like an advertisement whereas my nosler part. looked like junk, though both did the job, and guys love their noslers, I think its just a different design.

How come its only between the TBBC and Accubond? because it loves 140grs?

Wby loads a 130gr BArnes TSX which may be the solution or the 150gr Nosler Part.

My .270 win loves 130grs, so if it was my setup I think 130gr Barnes TSX would do the job.

But that .270wby should have some extra juice so why not use 150gr on that big ole elk? 150 Nolser part?

Old 08-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

is that even fun shooting deer that far away? i know its a little off topic but....im not trying to be insulting cuz thats a hellofa shot. i know i couldnt do it but i mean, is it fun. theres nothing really personal about the kill at that range.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:01 PM

I would look at the Weatherby Ammo loaded with the TSX. After looking at Weatherby's Ammo table, the TSX is keeping up with the 150 grain SP's & Partition's velocity & energy.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh no doubt man that its cool to see a shot like that. i give you mad props for being able to do it. for me its about gettin close. we track 99% of our bucks on snow and most are killed inside 20 yds. sometimes they are in bed and dont see ya which i like sometimes they are in bed and do see ya and try to see if youll walk on by and sometimes they are full tilt out of bed and you get the rush of runnin shots thro8ugh the thickest stuff in the country. i dunno, i just like it that way. as far as trying it, im up for anything but there no place in northern maine where a man can see that far lol. furthest ive ever killed a deer was 130yds runnin down over a fairly old cutoff mountian. i could only see her when she jumped and that was a lucky shot w/ iron sights on my carbine cuz the front bead covered EVERYTHING.

anyways, back on topic, i shoot tbbc out of my whelen and have good success on big buck. boom flop dead. im almst ut f .35 barnes xlc's and i cant seem t find anymre. do they even still make this animal?
Old 08-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

handloader is right, nosler partition gets my vote....have a good one
Old 08-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Of these 2 I'd pick the AB based on my experience - accuracy and fouling (like already mentioned). However if possible I'd try Barnes TSX's first for elk and the 270 bee. I drive a 140grTSX out of my 7mm rem mag, its been a lights out combo for bothelk and moose. The Nosler Part would be another fine choice.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:48 PM

Accubond-Drop them dead where they stand.
The Accubond is just a partition with a ballistic tip..I'll let you figure the rest out.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 AM
DM

ORIGINAL: handloader1

I would go with Weatherby Ammo .270 150 gr. Nosler Partition. Good luck.
In this case, me too!

The Accubond is just a partition with a ballistic tip
I wish posters would know what they are talking about BEFORE they post. This is just inaccurate.

DM

Quick Reply: Accubond or TBBC????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.