Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 powder dispensers >

powder dispensers

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

powder dispensers

Old 02-11-2008, 11:28 AM

Default RE: powder dispensers

doesnt it take forever to weigh each charge by hand?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:57 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: ihuntbuck

ORIGINAL: SJAdventures

I weigh each charge. I am not in any hurry when I reload.Some who use them claimyou cannot use the electronic powderdepensers/scale combos under fluorecent lights as the light will cause false readings.

why would the light cause false readings?? please explain
lights, your dryer running, anything that puts off a large amount of eletromagnetic currents. Problem is to manufacture a scale that filters out the garbage and noise in the electrical lines would cost like 300 dollars. And noone wants to pay that. These scales has very sensitive transducers, and any current or wind will knock them off.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

barry1me:

I enjoy throwing and weighing charges. Good luck.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Typical Buck

hand weighing is definately slower than using a dispenser but, some of my loads especially for the 44 mag are close to max load, so there's no room for error. so i feel safer to weigh each load. if you get into a rhythm you can load pretty quick. i'm just anal retentive enough that it's a level of comfort to know each charge is exact.hehe. if i'm trying to be quick, i can load a box of fifty in an hour. plus, i find it relaxing to load. andwhat drives me to hand load is the knowledge that each component and each charge is as exact as it can be. the result is the best ammo that can be had, tailored specifically for your gun. sorry so verbose.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: handloader1

barry1me:

I enjoy throwing and weighing charges. Good luck.
Which type of scale do you use?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

i use a lee balance beam. each time i set it i check it with a set of lyman weights.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Lyman 1200 DPS II, with a RCBS 505, as backup. The digital power dispenser is great, and once programed, never changes. It is quick, and I wish that I had had one of them 40 years ago! I have programed all of my bullet weights, powder charge, and calibers into it, and everything is displayed at the touch of a button. I'll never go back to the teaspoon & pan style of loading. Takes too long, and when you get up there in years, hours count!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

bary1me:

I use a Pact scale. Good luck.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

I design transducers for a living and do not see where any electrical current found in the average house hold would effect it. Vibration, wind, temperature changes, and infered singnals like your tv remotes and computers yes most likely will. Washer and driers now comunacate with each other by infered (I beleive) if you have those models.

That said I don't own one. Zero dirft do to temperature even its own heat sink bathers me. I find for my 50 max per reloading sessions gravity scales work just fine. I weight each and every charge and use check weights at the start and end!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

i use a 1960 belding & mull powder measure,they are one of the most accurate ever made. there are always a few on ebay . 4-5 on right now . they use a preset brass measure that is included . i can load very fast with this measure.

Quick Reply: powder dispensers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.