Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 First bad Sizer from RCBS >

First bad Sizer from RCBS

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

First bad Sizer from RCBS

Old 01-28-2008, 09:30 AM
bigcountry

Default First bad Sizer from RCBS

Actually I have had one or twomore where I had to modify a hair. But this one is for my 204Ruger. It leaves a bad scratch on the shoulder/body intersection. I tried to clean out, but its a bad burr. Oh well, RCBS's number has been busy for an hour.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:45 PM

Default RE: First bad Sizer from RCBS

They will take care of you, I bet. I got a bad set of Nitride 41 Magnum dies from Hornady years ago. I called and went round and round with Steve Hornady about them but all he would say is, "Send them back." REALLY made me mad the way I felt they were blowing me off and I expected them to get the dies and then send them back telling me they were fine and I was an idiot. The problem was in the seating die.

Anyhow, I sent them to Hornady. A week later I got new set of dies and letter from Steve saying I was right...apparently they had omitted a step when making the dies. So it all ended happy. But I still don't much like Hornady dies.[&:]
Old 01-28-2008, 02:39 PM
bigcountry

Shoot, they want me to send it in for replacement. Figured they might send me one out. Now, probably got to wait 2 weeks for a new one.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:24 PM

Well, that's what I thought with Hornady, BigCountry, but apparently they think all of us are scam artists. I told myself perhaps it did do some good to send mine back to Hornady as I figure when Steve Hornady saw what it was doing to cases when seating a bullet, he went down and helped someone pack their belongings and leave the plant.[:@]
Old 01-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve is usually a pretty straight upguy.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 AM

Agreed, I think Steve Hornady is very serious about producing good products and I've shot their bullets forever...prefer them really. I just don't think reloading equipment is their strongest suit. I think I'll stick with RCBS and Redding and Dillon for the progressives.