Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 AR-15 vs. plastic tipped bullets. >

AR-15 vs. plastic tipped bullets.

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

AR-15 vs. plastic tipped bullets.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: AR-15 vs. plastic tipped bullets.

OK, I was just wondering. I have only tried Ballistic tips and they shoot about 2 inches in mine, but it is an olympic arms ultra match rifle, so I expect a lot better than that.

I think part of my problem is the trigger, it is awful. That, and my shooting could be better, but I get better groups with my other rifles.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 AM

Default RE: AR-15 vs. plastic tipped bullets.

A good trigger is essential for best accuracy . I had to change mine at the end of last year because of it wanted to double tap all by itself and found the sear area had partly seared off ( pre-ban , I built over twenty years ago ). ( nobody even looked at me at the range, strange ) That trigger set up was great and after cleaning up a stock type trigger ,its just plain sucks and man did my groups open up from the other set up ( I mostly use stock , open ,sights ). The match triggers available today are just awesome and I will be installing one of them very soon (not sure which yet )I believe manufacturersmake triggers hard & rough for liability reasons .