Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

What else?

Old 12-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What else?

Might add a little primer pocket cleaning brush/tool, and a neck brush to clean and lub the inside of the neck lightly.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:16 PM

More things you will eventually need?
primer pocket uniformer,neck thickness micrometer,outside neck turning tool, rcbs precision mic., dial indicator setup for measuring the runout on cases and loaded cartridges, and at this point in my life- a goodmagnifying visor. I think I "need" Quickload next.
and ditto on the powder trickler, it used to come with the rcbs kit, and a cheap plastic caliper.
Other than dies that kit had every thing I needed for 20 years, until I realized I NEEDED all this other BS.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: opieone

Other than dies that kit had every thing I needed for 20 years, until I realized I NEEDED all this other BS.
I just got a new Midway catalog. It lists a ton of stuff that I didn't even know existed lastweek,but now that I know it's out there I can hardly live without it.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:57 AM

I'm almost afraid to open a Midway catalog anymore, and having a Cabela's less than 15 minutes away from home will make you "need" a lot more reloading paraphe nail ya.
It's a good thing I only own one working rifle.(for now)
Old 12-28-2007, 01:10 PM

Components and media for that tumbler
Old 12-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Several manuals I have a hornady speer and lyman manuals and i saveevery artical in the mags that is for new powders that include pressure data and gun specs .
Lymans manual lists gobs of cast bullet infoand if shooting more for less is your goal then this will appeal to you . They also listseparate info for ruger revolvers contenders and the other "overbuilt" arms and many of the popular wildcats ..
Old 12-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Isnt most everything thats been posted here already in the topic thats pinned to the top of this forum???
Old 12-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

Isnt most everything thats been posted here already in the topic thats pinned to the top of this forum???
Yeah, but if he hadnt asked, what else would be discuss?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TUK101

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

Yeah, but if he hadnt asked, what else would be discuss?
Oh thats easy.....how bout these wore out topics?????

1. What load for my 30-06
2. 270 vs 30-06
3. Magnum vs Non magnum
4. 22-250 or 223 for deer?
5. Can I rechamber my 300 Win mag to .284??

man we could rehash all KINDS a stuff!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, and Iread that and have everything listed there except for a flash hole deburring tool and a primer pocket cleaner but that's what the tumbler is for.

I forgot I had the trickler and a few sets of calipers, mics and other measuring devices.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough initally but this thread was intended moreto find out what tools, besides the basics, have people found that really helps the reloading process.

Thanks to everyone that has responded.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.