Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Are finnish bullets good Lapua and Sako? >

Are finnish bullets good Lapua and Sako?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Are finnish bullets good Lapua and Sako?

Old 01-20-2003, 01:21 AM

Default Are finnish bullets good Lapua and Sako?

Do you use finnish bullets in USA. Like sako superhammarhead or Lapua Mega. These bullets are very popular here in finland. Are these bullets good for deer? Have you tried?
Old 01-20-2003, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are finnish bullets good Lapua and Sako?

Everything made in Finland is excellent - guns, ammo, etc.!!

Keep yore powder dry!!
Old 01-20-2003, 05:53 PM

If the Finnish bullets are as good as VV powder, I would like to try some. Too bad the quality of US products are going in the toilet. It's good to know that there are some companies in the world that put quality first, instead of making a quick buck selling junk.

Rem. 222
Old 01-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Fork Horn

Rem 222 what the heck are you referring to as bad quality in the US. I've found that poor quality doesn't sell to hunters or shooters anywhere. The only thing, and I repeat the only thing, that I find as poor quality is alloy scope mounts and rings. That's an easy fix though from lots of manufacturers of steel mounts. I'm not sure why you thought you needed to say what you did.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:25 PM

Soonershooter,
I can think of a few firearm related firms that put out pure junk. I don't want to mention names, but they are out there. I have been very impressed by the quality of products that are made in the Scandanavian countries. No dogs in these countries just very well made products. Sorry to say I can't say the same for most US companies.

Rem. 222

Old 01-24-2003, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Rem222 I think it's ok you're not mentioning the companies but have you ever considered the scandanavian countries produce so few products compared to the U.S. that it's bound to happen there's some inferior items. We produce 100 times the amount of sporting goods and hunting products that they do and I'm sure there's some items not worth buying when you're looking at that broad selection. But to lump all our products "in the toilet" and "junk" is just too extreme and is factually wrong. Sure the Baltic countries have great products but that's not my point.