Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
drop dead bullets >

drop dead bullets

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

drop dead bullets

Old 01-07-2003, 08:11 PM
Spike

Default drop dead bullets

what rifle bullets have been your favorite in regards to accuracy and knock down power. i have shot .308 hornady customs and they have performed well. i have also shot handloaded ballistic tips that just blew to pieces when they hit the deer. i am looking for a bullet that will be accurate and still deliver an all around nasty blow. i have shot the trophy bonded bear claw at targets and they group well. what do you guys shoot or recommend for a 30 caliber bullet for whitetail. i will appreciate any comments generated. thanks,
--jake--
Old 01-07-2003, 11:22 PM

Default RE: drop dead bullets

Jake,
I rely on Nosler partitions when I need a bullet that will do double duty. They perform well at close range or high velocity AND at long range or reduced velocities.

PaulS

Think safety, act safely, live long enough to enjoy it